The Biotech Analyst 1 is responsible for performing routine analytical testing/developing new tests of pharmaceutical products in accordance with client work order instructions and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures in SGS Life Science Services Biotech Department. The incumbent is expected to work independently or together with a supervisor and other analysts on a regular basis and must meet the required sample turnaround time.
* Execute and perform testing as per methods independently, following the company's Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
* Keep all records and notebooks in good order. Prepare reports and record data in timely manner.
* In case of a testing failure, immediately report to the Supervisor/Department Head before proceeding further with the test. Assist in the failure investigations.
* Assist to prepare method SOP, validation protocol and validation report, and perform validation experiments.
* Assist to trouble-shoot test methods/instruments.
* Inform the Department Head if the assigned work order can not be satisfactorily completed within established scheduled time and quality-of-work expectations.
* Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and all results are entered into Electronic Laboratory Information System or client's Certificate of Analysis before submission to the QA reviewer.
* Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order, perform calibrations and qualifications as required.
* Keep the work area clean and organized; immediately clean up spills, dispose of waste according to laboratory procedures and place used glassware in designated locations for cleaning.
Education, Skills and Experience * BSc. or Diploma in Biology-related fields or equivalent experience or training.
* Minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory work experience required.
* Specific technical skills:
* Knowledge of techniques in a biotechnology discipline, e.g. ELISA, DNA isolation, restriction enzyme digestions, PCR, protein expression/purification, SDS-PAGE/western blot, cell culture, bacteria culture.
* Ability to perform routine bench and instrumental analysis
* Ability to understand assay methods
* A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation and procedures
* Experience in computer programs e.g. Excel and Word
* Must be highly organized and able to work effectively and efficiently in a demanding environment with frequently changing priorities
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment & independently
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail
* Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.