Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are currently providing an opportunity for a Casual Part Time position. Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the individual is responsible for verifying appropriate flyers and inserting flyer packages into the newspaper for distribution.
- Correctly count flyers on scales and ensure correct versions of flyers are utilized by machines by reviewing dates
- Assist Inserters by correctly inserting newspapers or flyers into the pockets of an automated inserting machine during seasonal increases
- Open bundles of raw flyers and papers, count into specified amounts to prepare them for insertion from surrounding skids
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Ability to lift 35 lbs, stand for an extend period of time, and bend frequently with ease
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks accurately and thoroughly with minimal errors
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.