Date Posted: February 22, 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Field Sales Development Representative
This is a career enhancing sales position for a recent business graduate or an energetic new sales professional who wants to transition to a more experienced level of sales success. You will be trained to conduct Outside Sales Assignments using our sales training program. Your mandate will be to assume temporary sales responsibilities in vacant sales territories. Depending on the availability of an open territory combined with your proven success, the opportunity to move into a full time permanent sales position is quite probable. Other responsibilities may include short term assignments including supporting our inside team of sales professionals with client development (lead generation) activities.
This position is responsible for:
- creating and implementing plans for the effective coverage of assignments;
- conducting face to face sales calls with customers to demonstrate our online products, creating value, and sales. Additionally, you may be required to use WebEx to demonstrate our Online Products to more remote customers;
- working within a CRM application to record activities and forecast sales;
- organizing your time to achieve maximum market penetration;
- generating sales growth by pursuing new prospects and following up on leads from a variety of sources;
- building relationships with, and knowledge of, existing customers in support of customer retention strategies and product renewals;
- internally communicating with Sales Managers;
- documenting and Updating Database Information; and
- working flexible hours in order to effectively manage time zones across Canada.
The successful candidate will be a team player and will possess:
- a post-secondary education (business grad preferred) or equivalent working experience (sales, customer service roles);
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- a strong and positive work ethic;
- the ability to take initiative;
- the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively;
- active listening and flexibility to appropriately respond to new challenges;
- a valid driver’s license;
- the ability to occasionally work on weekends and have freedom to occasionally travel out of province as required; and
- proficient in Microsoft Office Products and using Windows.
Disciplined organization skills and cold calling expertise; outbound business-to-business phone marketing, customer service, and/or sales experience; and knowledge of the legal, accounting, finance, and/or the HR market would be considered assets.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.