The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), established in 1945, is recognized internationally for excellence in chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Vision: Our vision is to be an academic institution recognized for creating leaders in spinal health.
Mission: Our mission is to deliver world class chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Our employees have a commitment and dedication to the advancement of health care. We continue to seek talented individuals who make a positive difference in living our vision and mission.
Position: Curriculum Designer (Full-time, 35 hours per week)
Reports to: Director, Curriculum and Faculty Development (CFD)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Posting Date: February 28, 2018
Application Deadline: March 18, 2018
Application Requirement: Interested external applicants to upload a covering letter stating salary expectations and CV via Career Connector at https://careers.cmcc.ca/
Please indicate the position title in the subject line.
CMCC is looking for a Curriculum Designer to work with the Director of Curriculum and Faculty Development (CFD) to advise, lead and train individual faculty and curriculum teams as they address the need for new and improved programs and courses. S/he provides expertise in teaching, learning, and quality improvement in support of all academic programming. In addition, s/he will support the Director of CFD, Directors of Education and Vice President Academic in the planning and operationalizing of the Strategic Plan Theme of Excellence in Teaching and Learning. S/he will also work as a team member for the development and redesign of undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Works with faculty and staff to conceptualize, plan, design, develop and revise curriculum using formal methodologies.
- Works as a team member with the Director, CFD and others to facilitate working groups as part of the curriculum redesign process. Helps synthesize themes as part of this process, and makes collaborative decisions on areas to address and plans for redesign.
- Uses model curricula and content research sources to advise faculty and staff on the evaluation of program/course content. Devises a plan for the roll-out of program/course content changes in consultation with faculty.
- Conducts Quality Assurance (QA) before, during and in response to changes brought forth through the working groups. Creates reports for the Director of CFD and Vice President Academic on the results of the QA processes.
- Advises and assists academic departments with faculty training with respect to curriculum design and development. Consults, coaches and facilitates faculty in the use of strategies and tools that improve curriculum quality.
- Apprises the Director, CFD of pertinent information and activities. Participates in team meetings and decision-making.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree (Master’s preferred), with a concentration on curriculum design.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years in teaching or coordinator role in educational development.
- Leadership and hands-on experience in curriculum development at the post-secondary level, with preference given to applicants with experience designing degree programs.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Experience in assessment design.
- Experience in training and assisting faculty and staff with an educational institution.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Proficiency with a Learning Management System (LMS), Website maintenance and online research.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional orientation to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Strong orientation to learning.
- Models professional attributes and the core values of CMCC, Communication, Accountability, Respect & E
- Critical and analytical thinker.
- Problem solver & decision maker.
- Team work/team leader.
- Customer focused; invested in student success.
Internal applicants are required to inform their Division Director of their intentions to apply, prior to doing so.
We thank all candidates in advance, but only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the job posting will be contacted. Successful applicants shall be required to provide original transcripts to validate their academic qualifications as a condition of employment at CMCC.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and CMCC Accessibility Policy, accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request for all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance. Please contact Human Resources at 416-482-2340.
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, CMCC provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. CMCC’s implementation and support of employment initiatives encourage diversified labour force participation and equal access to opportunities based on merit and performance.