Data Centre Systems Administrator
Health Quality Ontario (HQO) is the provincial advisor on the quality of health care. With the goal of excellent care for all Ontarians, Health Quality Ontario reports to the public on how the system is performing, develops standards for what quality care looks like, evaluates the effectiveness of new health care technologies and services, and promotes quality improvement aimed at sustainable positive change. Visit www.hqontario.ca for more information.
The Data Centre Systems Administrator operates and manages HQO’s data centres under the direction of the IT Manager. This position oversees all data centre operations, including telephony, mobility, systems, infrastructure, firewall and security. The role will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and monitoring key IT security processes and systems to protect company data and comply with security standards. As we scale our infrastructure, the Data Centre Systems Administrator will play a lead role in projects to ensure our data centres are designed and remain current with organizational needs, technology advancements and regulatory requirements. This position will be required to develop, create and maintain all documentation in relation to change management, security, systems, IT ticketing requests and support complex solutions with a proactive, attention to detail mind-set.
The Data Centre Systems Administrator will provide mentorship to the IT team and provide back-up help desk support on occasion, addressing complex issues that have been escalated from the technical support team.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
- Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers.Performs regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades and performance tuning.
- Manages mailboxes, including archiving, exchange features, rights, storage, remote, and shared settings.
- Manages MS SQL, IIS and web development servers.
- Directory Management and security responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Managing and monitoring security permissions, security reporting tools.
- Day-to-day management of the domain controllers, including physical security, backup and restore, LBL standard naming conventions.
- Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, etc.
- Full disaster recovery plan and practice recovery of DCs and core Directory objects
- Policy monitoring and compliance, including Change Management, Communication and Coordination.
- Secure remote administration of the DCs and member servers managed by the IT support team.
- Plan and manage all migrations and upgrades related to the AD or the DCs.
- Manages and secures ESXi Hosts, vCenter Server Systems and Associated Services, Virtual Machines, the Virtual Networking Layer, Security Best Practices and Resources, vMotion, SRM, storage management and allocation, firmware and patch management, setup alerting and notifications.
- Responsible for the management of all centralized storage technologies, including development and product engineering, maintaining/ deploying the storage-based systems, seeking ways to help the company meet goals with storage technology.
- Coordinates strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the company's in-house IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware.
- Manages mobility and devices, including system re-design, enhancements and/or upgrades.
- Provides support to all business units with operations, troubleshooting, recommendations, security and Single-Sign on services related to department specific software (e.g. SaaS – HRIS, CAPPM, Concur, QuickBooks),
Networking and Security:
- Manages and supports the MSA/SAN Core network switching infrastructure.
- Manages, configures, installs and trouble shoots all LAN switching, including VLAN’s, routing, security, QOS etc.
- Works with data and phone line providers to troubleshoot issues such as speed deviations, routing, VLAN traffic flow etc.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of wireless standards, hardware, software and technologies to install, maintain and offer tech support for Wi-Fi systems.
- Responsible for security alerting, including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and aggregating relevant data from multiple source and escalating accordingly. Provides robust compliance and forensics reporting when required.
- Executes a planned program of patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, documentation, maintenance and management and other servers for automated updates.
- Manages file and data security using Group policies and Office 365 security tools to ensure data is only accessed by those granted the permissions.
- Contributes to forming long-term corporate strategies.
- Assists the IT team with the collaboration tools, delivering integration, security, retention polices, and email archiving with existing servers and processes.
- Manages data-centre continuity by setting up and overseeing the VMWare (SRM) as a disaster recovery management solution and facilitating recovery testing.
- Defines and creates a backup and recovery strategy using state of the art technologies such as SRM, Cloud and hybrid. Develops and documents operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- University Degree and/or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field of study, and/or an acceptable combination of post-secondary education, training and relevant work experience
- Certifications: MCSA (Windows Server 2016, Office 365), VCP6-DCV, ISP (Information Security Professional)
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSE (Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Productivity), MCSA (Windows Server 2016, Office 365), 5-DCV, VCP6-DCV Deploy, GSEC: GIAC Security Essentials CompTIA – Security+, CISSP
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in the following:
- Computer, server, network, security and data center design, administration, and support
- Infrastructure security, monitoring tools, troubleshooting
- Supporting 300+ staff in a multi-office and remote office locations
- Experience within the public service or a health care organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good inter-personal, collaborative, and relationship building skills to effectively work with end users, colleagues, vendors and others
- Ability to drive and launch complex projects involving multiple teams and multiple service providers/vendors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including use of tools, techniques and best practices
- Ability to provide a communications bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and quality principles in service delivery
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to manage assigned projects and deliverables within scope, time and budget
- Positive attitude, mentor and team player
- Systems Administration:
- Microsoft Windows Servers (2012R2, 2016 Data Centre)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013-2016
- MS SQL, IIS and web development servers
- Active Directory Management and security
- VMWare V6.5 and Hyper-V Virtualization
- Storage Area Networking – HPE MSA
- Shoretel and Cisco Telephony servers
- BES - Mobility and device management
- Software installation services and updates
- SaaS – HRIS, CAPPM, Concur, QuickBooks
- Networking & Security:
- HPE Core Switching
- HPE LAN switching
- WAN Networking over IPVPN and inter office routing
- Aruba and Cisco WiFi – Multiple SSID Management
- Fortinet, Cisco and Juniper Firewall and security management
- SIEM management and security alerting
- WSUS - End-Point and Systems security management
- Maintain and manage file and folder security
- Collaboration Tools:
- Office 365 and associated applications
- SharePoint Online
- Exchange Online – Hybrid integration
- OneDrive for Business
- Skype for Business
- MS Teams
- Boardroom Audio/Video support
- Business Continuity:
- Data-Centre Continuity – Failover/failback
- Systems and data backup and recovery
Key Organizational Competencies:
- Think Strategically: Think broadly to build long-term success; understand health care system impacts and maintain internal alignment.
- Develop People: Grow leadership capacity by investing time and resources to attract, retain and develop people. Build skills.
- Be Agile: Quickly respond to and shape an ever-changing health care system. Adapt, navigate and thrive in changing circumstances.
- Act as One Organization: Align on and build consistent business processes; set standards to ensure effective, quality health care delivery.
- Nurture Partnerships and Relationships: Cultivate effective and influential working relationships (internal and external) and collaborate to achieve mutually beneficial goals. Work effectively across the system.
- Build Credibility: Take personal ownership for delivering results and adding value in every interaction. Continually earn our place as a critical player in the Health Care landscape.
Duration: Regular, Full-Time
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume to HQORes@hqontario.ca, quoting competition number 2018-031 as well as their name. Resumes will be reviewed 5 days after posting and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health Quality Ontario is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
For additional information on Health Quality Ontario, please visit our website at www.hqontario.ca.