The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The RCM’s Development Department is undergoing a period of strategic growth as it launches Resounding! The Campaign for The Royal Conservatory, a comprehensive fundraising initiative to celebrate and support excellence in performance and learning at the RCM. Funds raised will help to expand program offerings at The Glenn Gould School, The Conservatory’s acclaimed centre for undergraduate and graduate level performance training, and to increase signature programming showcasing the world’s leading artists in Koerner Hall.
The Royal Conservatory is seeking a motivated, committed and experienced fundraising professional to join its Development team as the Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving. In this evolving and dynamic role, which reports to the Senior Director, Development, the incumbent will develop and implement strategic fundraising plans to sustain and increase both the number and size of gifts from mid-level individual donors (up to $10,000 annually) to generate a reliable and sustainable revenue stream for The Royal Conservatory.
- Develop, implement and manage strategies and plans designed to meet the organization’s revenue objectives for annual giving programs, including the Dean’s Fund and Koerner Hall Seat Naming Campaign.
- Further develop and grow an integrated mid-level donor program, Conservatory Circle.
- Working in collaboration with volunteers on the Conservatory Circle Committee, develop the prospect pipeline, secure renewals and upgrades from current members, and work with lead RCM staff in delivering a program of events that effectively stewards and engages prospects and donors in meaningful ways.
- Develop, implement and manage data mining and segmentation strategies to maximize solicitation yields, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for donor segments, and, where ROI is deemed appropriate, individualized moves management strategies for specific donors and prospects.
- Work with the Senior Director, Development to develop and monitor the annual fund budget.
- Pro-actively collaborate with internal partners (Development, program leads and RCM Marketing department) to ensure all fundraising opportunities are maximized and fit appropriately within the overall RCM and Development goals and plans.
- Work collaboratively with major giving staff to identify and move prospects to appropriate giving levels.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, Development, develop annual fund metrics and goals, which should include amount raised, number of donors engaged and upgraded to higher giving levels, retention rate, actions and return on investment.
- Meet revenue targets and manage expense budgets.
- Participate actively as a member of the Development team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience and a proven track record in professional fundraising and development, including demonstrated experience working with and developing annual giving plans.
- Solid understanding of fundraising programs as they relate to and support each other.
- Proven track record of developing effective prospect pipelines and moving individuals from prospects to donors.
- Ability to analyze results and implement key learnings to create and advance strategic fundraising plans.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and perspective in building and implementing new acquisition and annual individual giving fundraising programs.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment, along with the ability to think strategically and to independently solve problems in a timely and creative fashion.
- Strong commitment to exceptional work quality and standards; high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, ability to set priorities and exceed budget goals, and a strong sense of personal accountability.
- A team player, willing to collaborate, share learning and insights, and support the achievement of the department’s and the organization’s greater goals.
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate (written and oral).
- Experience with direct marketing, marketing and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and high degree of comfort with using a donor database for tracking prospect activity. Raiser’s Edge experience considered an asset.
- CFRE designation considered an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
RCM is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM’s Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory by 2:00 PM on Monday, March 26, 2018. We thank all applicants and will contact only those selected for an interview; please note this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.