TEAM LEADER, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Team Leader, Mechanical Engineering.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
- Education required: Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical, or Marine Engineering
- 5 + Years of Relevant Experience in the Mechanical Engineering Field
- 5+ Years of Experience in a Lead Role
- Experience working on naval new building, and/or major naval refit projects
- Experience working with classification society rules
- Ability to work in collaboration with operations management and production teams
- Previous position within the AOPS Project an asset
- Registered P. Eng or P.Eng Candidate an asset
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication and personal time management skills
- Lead engineering efforts from Basic Design through systems commissioning within the mechanical discipline, including distribution of tasks, setting and monitoring team work schedule and managing performance of the team members.
- Validation that technical products developed (by ISI or Design Agent, etc.) meet the requirements of the customer, associated references, ISI quality standards, and class requirements.
- Ensure that 3D model changes meet functional requirements.
- Ensure that all VFI and material specifications are checked, configured and prepared for ILS and Turnover.
- Make sure that all TIR/TCR/NCR’s emerged from the Operational area are properly addressed and solved according their priorities; actively supporting Chief Engineer in prioritization of these issues.
- Manage coordination of subcontractors activities related to mechanical engineering.
- Act as first point of contact with the design agent and ISI Chief Engineer for activities/issues within the coverage area and support progress and performance reporting requirements.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.