Shannex is a family-owned, Maritime-based company that has been providing care to clients for over 20 years. Offering Care at Home, Retirement Living and Enhanced Care services across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Shannex has been built on the commitment to place clients first, to provide service excellence and respect each client as an individual. Our core values; clients first, building trusting partnerships, always improving quality and being accountable, define what Shannex stands for and create the framework for all that we do.
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Personal Support Worker- Casual
Located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, and reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division or Retirement Living division. The Personal Support Worker (or Continuing Care Assistant) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate you will provide direct personal care to our clients in accordance with their individual care plans, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards within Enhanced Care and Retirement Living facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assisting with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborating with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Performing delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicating and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Personal Support Worker/ Continuing Care Assistant Certification
- Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
- Palliative Care Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
We offer competitive compensation, free onsite parking, and flexible schedule.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applications will be kept in strict confidentiality.
Shannex is an inclusive employer and encourages all applicants to apply. We appreciate all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.