Come join us at "East Cumberland Lodge" in scenic Pugwash, Nova Scotia!
We are the first municipally owned long term care facility in Nova Scotia - and a registered charity. Our 22,000 square foot facility has 73 long term care beds and one respite bed. Become part of our vision "to be the next best thing to home" - and join our extended family of residents, their families, and our staff members.
- Casual on-call for pick-up shifts
· Preference is given to persons with education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets; knowledge of basic nutrition and special diet needs within a healthcare setting.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills (English); bilingualism (French/English) is an asset;
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform cook's job duties with minimum of supervision;
- Good judgment and observational skills;
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work records, and in recipe preparation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others is a requirement;
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity are required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment safely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders, and work assignments.
- Previous experience in a long term care (nursing home) environment is an asset;
- You must be able to provide an acceptable, current criminal record check if offered a position.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
* Hourly wage rate $15.68
Overnight, weekend, and holiday premiums.
Shift types are: 4, 8 and 12 hour shifts (if needed). Our facility operates 24/7. Employees may be required to work rotating shifts on days and/or evening.
Paid break periods: as per the Collective Agreement
Hot cooked meals: all employees participate in a collectively funded meal plan between the employer and employees which provides hot cooked meals (made in-house) as well as a staffroom furnished with break supplies (tea/coffee/snacks).
Working schedules are available on line: through our electronic staff scheduling system you can access your work schedules remote (home computer, personal cellular phone, etc.)
Parking: Free on-site