To provide a high quality of nursing care to patients and their families utilizing the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
- Graduate of a recognized diploma/degree program in nursing.
- Holds a current general certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
- At least 2 years recent experience on an Inpatient Psychiatry Unit.
- Certification in CPMHN (c) preferred.
- Knowledge of Crisis Intervention, Psychiatric Diagnosis.
- Good critical thinking, decision making, problem solving and crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent communication and resolution skills.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by ONA
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.