Posted On: Fri, Feb 23, 2018
Closing On: Fri, Mar 23, 2018
Department: Smart Bus
711 Kernaghan Avenue
New Flyer Industries - North America's largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor is seeking a Business Support Specialist to join its growing international team.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, New Flyer is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don't settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of the Smart Bus Technology team, you will support our customers in the usage of our New Flyer Connect® platform, understanding its features and services for the development of business and customer retention strategies. You will be creating marketing and training materials, reviewing public bids and assisting in the formation of business models. Most importantly, you will work closely with our customer to assess their needs for a better oversight of their fleet.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with our external and internal customers.
- Manage Smart Bus technology projects, maintaining emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain an expert command on the use of our New Flyer Connect platform, including a functional understanding of the system's capabilities and limitations.
- Interact customers on technical and non-technical issues associated with the use of the New Flyer Connect platform.
- Analyse data and information collected by New Flyer Connect.
- Participate in tradeshows, sales initiatives, business discussions and negotiations with potential customers.
- Compile proposals for customers and keep track of contract execution, invoicing, payments and renewals.
- Acquire and maintain an expert knowledge of existing Bus and Coach monitoring solutions and trends.
- Create marketing and promotion materials for New Flyer Connect.
- Develop training materials for users of New Flyer Connect.
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline.
- Must possess a strong technical aptitude.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Adept with Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively within a team environment, and to work independently as required.
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast paced team oriented environment
- Experience with Telematics or in the transportation industry would be considered an asset
*Travel is required for this position*