Please only apply if you can work at this location
Candidate must be able to handle fast paced environment, working with multiple doctors and performing medical administration and nursing duties as outlined below*
- Patient intake
- Greet patients with excellent patient care.
- Conduct patient registration.
- Update patient information, and ensuring valid OHIP card numbers are in the chart.
- Take patients to exam rooms, and coordinate effective patient flow.
- Conduct administrative duties such as answering phone calls in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments as required.
- Schedule appointments for referrals to other doctors or investigations as requested.
- Liaise with other doctor offices and hospitals to ensure completion of patient referrals or requested documents.
- Confirming appointments in a timely manner, advising of cancellation policies, and enforce the no show fee policy.
- Apply valid OHIP health cards during patient registration.
- Process payment for non-OHIP insured services in an organized manner.
- Invoicing lawyers and insurance companies for their requested documents.
- Fax, mail, scan documents as needed.
- Measure patient vitals including height, weight, and blood pressure digitally.
- Administering vaccines, B12, allergy shots, TB skin tests
- Setting up and getting patients ready for various procedures and tests such as paps
- Handling wound care dressings, suture and staple removal, TB skin tests, wart treatments, ear syringing.
- Checking and responding to messages in the EMR from the physician regularly.
- Completing tasks assigned by family doctors such as calling patients to relay messages (eg. communicating test results and other significant information to patients when directed by physician).
- Checking vaccine fridge as instructed.
- Maintaining inventory and ordering supplies, including medical equipment and stationary.
- Ensuring exam rooms are stocked up appropriately.
- Cleaning and sterilizing medical materials and instruments.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour