Eminence Organic Skin Care
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
*Update on Friday, June 21st, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Futureinitiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as “Favorite Skin Care Line” and “Favorite Product Education”, both for ten years in a row, as well as “Favorite All-Natural Line” for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Web Developer is responsible for developing and enhancing Eminence’s corporate websites and web-based business applications. The Web Developer is responsible for developing reusable, scalable and maintainable web-based solutions.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Web Developer reports directly to the Web Development Lead and will work closely with the Digital Experience Team and cross-departmentally throughout the organization.
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop the technical solutions to improve corporate websites and web-based business applications, including coding of all changes
Website User Experience
- Contribute ideas for Eminence’s innovation and continual improvement for the user experience
- Incorporate excellence in design of navigational organization, usability, and accessibility of all websites and web-based applications
- Ensure website compatibility with professional user and Customer-specific browsers and platforms
Systems Maintenance (Drupal)
- Manage long-term maintenance, performance, upgrades and other system wide changes
- Support corporate websites (PHP – Drupal and Wordpress)
- Troubleshoot and debug issues
- Develop and modify systems, based on Drupal codebase
- Design and build stored procedures
- Perform maintenance programming for existing implementations
- Design, develop and implement internal and external web presence
- Analyze, design and implement database structures
- Analyze business requirements and assess impact/integration with existing database architecture
Cross Departmental Support
- Collaborate individually or in combination with the Digital Experience Team, Information Services Team and Sales Teams on web-based projects
- Document code (using Github) and report on project deliverables
- Perform any other duties as required
- Exemplify the Eminence Organic Skin Care Core Values
- Keep commitments and meet deadlines
- Execute development schedules and campaign schedules on time
- Ensure accuracy of facts, grammar and spelling in all content
- Stay informed of best practices and business and technology innovation
- Utilize appropriate business language in all forms of communication
- Be willing to work extra time during busy periods and when requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Developing applications and websites using the Drupal framework including working with Content Types, Fields, Taxonomy, Views, Panels, Features, Modules, etc. – 1-3 years
- Experience with and knowledge of Form, Entity and Views APIs, feature modules, the theming layer, Ajax interfaces, and other advanced topics in Drupal – 1-3 years
- Performance optimization of Drupal systems and MySQL databases – 1-3 years
- Modern PHP web development (PHP, RESTful APIs, JSON) – 1-3 years
- Experience consuming open and/or private APIs such as Facebook, Twitter and Google; experience working with Drupal functions and API - 1-3 years
- Experience leading successful web development phases of projects from resource alignment, coding, testing, launch and post launch support is preferred
- Experience using best practice version control methodologies and tools is preferred
- Experience with interfaces and web services is preferred
- Performance tuning/understanding of Drupal caching layers is preferred
- Experience in application security roles and authentication practices is preferred
- Drupal Core or module maintainer or contributor an asset
- Active in Drupal community (Drupal.org profile, local user groups, etc.) an asset
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Linux/UNIX and Windows environments
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interface well and effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical team-members
- Strong commitment to personal excellence and high-quality coding standards
- Solution focused and methodical; careful attention to detail
- Capable problem solver who follows rigorous logic to bring effective solutions to complex problems
- Strong ability to analyze complex technical and administrative information, identify relevant concerns, recognize alternatives, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and communicate these with end users and management
- Ability to write clear and detailed technical specifications and documentation
- Ability to consistently develop clean, semantic, valid markup
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: Drupal framework: 2 years (Preferred)
- modern PHP web development: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL datebase: 1 year (Preferred)