The Marketing & Communications Manager plays an integral role in leading the Firm’s marketing and business development efforts. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining the Firm’s visual brand and exhibits a strong attention to detail, accuracy and consistency. This hands-on role is the single dedicated marketing resource within the Firm; however, the person in this position works closely with the management team and stakeholders on a variety of Firm-wide initiatives and also coordinates with outside agencies, vendors, and media as necessary.
Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer (or designate), the Marketing & Communications Manager performs a wide range of duties, including the following:
Marketing duties and responsibilities
- Lead and execute corporate advertising campaigns (i.e. sector development, employment brand, and target marketing).
- Develop all digital marketing tools and increase social media presence (i.e. websites using WordPress, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies and provide oversight in the evaluation of marketing programs.
- Design newsletters and templates, and integrate content using MailChimp.
- Coordinate the promotion of client events, breakfast seminars, conferences, and webinars.
- Drive various digital marketing initiatives (marketing automation, SEO, SEA, SMA, inbound marketing strategy).
- Maintain supply of promotional print materials and items, including inventory tracking, invoicing, accounting and reordering of stock.
- Manage events, supporting logistical needs - this includes compiling invitation lists, managing RSVP and registration, selecting venues, and liaising with external vendors and managing set up.
Business development duties and responsibilities
- Serve as an educator and advocate for upcoming trends and how to integrate them into business development initiatives within the Firm.
- Lead sector development activities, including creation of marketing toolkits.
- Research, vet, and recommend technology trends and strategic solutions for operational and business development efficiencies (i.e. CRM tools).
- Act as subject matter expert on the Firm’s business services and brand to advance and foster potential client relationships.
- Seek and propose business development improvement initiatives (i.e. market scan, client pipeline development, conversion trends).
Communications duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development of all external communication strategies and materials, both web and print, that support awareness about the Firm, its services and lawyers.
- Format, optimize and distribute email marketing campaigns, internal and external, including announcements, thought leadership, newsletters and event invitations.
- Create impactful content for social media, presentations, videos, and webinars.
Education and experience
- A university degree (Masters’ degree preferred), in marketing, communications or another related discipline.
- Minimum three to five years of work experience in a business development and/or marketing capacity, professional services environment preferred.
- Experience working in a similar role within a legal environment would be considered an asset.
Knowledge and skills
- Bilingualism required.
- Proven planning, promotion, implementation, and organization skills, along with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, MailChimp, Zapier, and WordPress.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Lightroom.
- Proficiency with Asana, Trello, Microsoft Projects, or Basecamp, along with MS Office.
- Experience working with Office 365 and a CRM solution would be an asset.
- Demonstrated change management experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster collaboration.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Office environment, where weekend or evening work is at times required based upon work load and client requirement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)