Willowridge Construction is a fast-growing industrial construction company, delivering safe and dependable industrial solutions to clients within Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, the Greater Edmonton Area, all over the Province of Alberta, and across Western Canada. Willowridge derives its success through the power of its People, and believes in hiring individuals that share our passion, and that will help in the pursuit of our vision, “To be the industrial contractor of choice by achieving shared success through our team and corporate values.”
Willowridge Construction is a values-driven organization, that looks for team members that live our values of:
- Integrity – We will Build trust through our choices and our actions every day.
- Safety – We will Commit to the health and well-being of every person above all else.
- People Driven – We will Thrive as a team, from the expertise, and development of our people
- Quality – We will Deliver professional-grade results every time.
- Shared Success – We will Achieve mutual prosperity for all stakeholders, our communities, and the environment.
Willowridge Construction is looking for a Warehouse Attendant- Night shift to join our Industrial team! We offer a great work atmosphere, competitive wages and have a long-term opportunity for this team.
Essential to the support of effective maintenance of Refinery assets, the incumbent will have a strong technical background in material management with emphasis on warehousing, transportation of dangerous goods and Tool Crib operations. Although primary focus area is the Warehouse, the Technician is employed across all functions of the Warehouse and Tool Crib. This position works a shift on a 12 hour days - 7 days on, then 7 days off schedule, however, as required, there may be extended work hours and overtime shifts to support necessary maintenance events.
- Receive, store, issue material including repair parts and consumable materials
- Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment
- Document verification – receipt of equipment, confirm the Identity, Quantity, and Condition of items as received compared to those listed on Packing Slips/Bills of Lading/Invoices
- Issues equipment and tools to workers as required
- Loading onto / off-loading materials from trucks
- May deliver equipment to workers, manually or using hand truck.
- Handling and preparation of dangerous goods for storage or shipment.
- Conduct equipment Operator serviceability checks.
- As required, participate in Projects.
- Responsible for selecting items and completion of associated Pick Tickets.
- Responsible to coordinate with Maintenance and Reliability the delivery to end user location for larger / heavier items to enable required work to proceed as scheduled.
- Conduct Cycle Counts in accordance with Inventory Management requirements.
- Report discrepancies, (shortage, overage, identity), damage and deficiencies in a timely manner to minimize impact to maintenance schedules.
- Provide status and condition reporting to Coordinator Warehouse. Provide information for the Vendor Performance management process.
- Perform escort duties on site of vendor vehicles and personnel as required.
- Operating Materials Handling Equipment, (MHE).
- Repetitive manual physical lifting (weights within trade specification) of containers and materials.
- Daily working both indoors and outside in all weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
Requirements- Minimum educational requirements:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Parts/Materials (Warehouse) Technician – Journeyman (Preferred)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Not less than three (3) years of associated work experience effecting issue/receipt and repair of tools.
- Oral – Interaction with peers, supervisors and clients in English is essential.
- Written – Functional. Comprehension of English is essential to ensure the safe handling of hazardous/dangerous goods associated with this
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Working in a team or independently
- Organizing – detail oriented
- Control Inventory
Required Functional Competencies:
- Focus on and execute safe work practices to assure a safe environment that mitigates occasions for damage to assets while providing for the safety of self, fellow team members and all personnel
- Capable user of Microsoft Office computer software and Inventory management software (Maximo and / or Tool Hound)
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Light duty vehicles
- Knowledgeable and capable of executing Shipping/Receiving/Issuing practices Demonstrated proficiency in the application of general Warehousing duties
- Qualified, (current certification), handling and preparation of hazardous and dangerous goods for shipment, (TDG7).
- Team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance;
- Self-confident enough to seek assistance with difficult or complex issues;
- Self-aware, able to recognize when stress or fatigue is impacting personal performance and to take steps to mitigate;
- Some overtime and after-hours coverage required;
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call to respond to emergencies when required;
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fort Saskatchewan, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)