Visual-Eyes is an industry leading practice management software for the eye care industry in Canada. We have been in business over 25 years and are looking for a new Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Red Deer team. Our Core Purpose is to be "Partners in the journey to success" and what we do best is to "Streamline Business Processes".
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be expected to ensure the quality of our product. In our development cycle, this person will be in charge of functional testing tasks (tickets) completed by our web developers. They will also be in charge of coming up with the design and deployment of creating an automated regression project for our web products to continuously test products before each release.
Another aspect of the position is to be able to write release notes, be involved in the development process and handle escalated web related support issues. While dealing with escalated support issues, you may be required to speak to our end users to pin-point the area of concern.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Testing: 50 - 80%
- Strictly adheres to Agile Testing methodologies
- Build, manage and maintain regression for our web based products
- The candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing a methodology for regression testing
- Functionally tests all user stories passed by Developers throughout the development process
- Is able to provide constructive feedback, uphold integrity and quality of product
- Review backlog for any items that require testing to ensure validity
- Establish customer relations with beta clients
- Communicates with Product Owners, Developers and Testers to meet expectations of completed development tickets.
- Documents changes completed within each release
- Demonstrates new functionalities to internal team
- Is able to receive and process defects from various sources including internal systems, customer service team and training team
- Keeps internal and external tracking systems up to date
Technical Support /Trainer Support: 10 - 20%
- Supports others in investigating web related issues
- Installation/Update of SOTH products
- Writes / runs scripts as needed to support client and internal staff
- Documents work in case management system(SugarCRM)
Other: 5 - 10%
- Stays on top of email correspondence
- Provides internal training to staff as needed
- Performs a variety of other projects and assignments as required.
Expected Start Date: 2021-06-01
What else do we offer besides a great career opportunity? Full benefits, Group RSP's, monthly staff/family events, a relaxed corporate atmosphere and the opportunity to work with a group of crazy talented people. Please apply with resume, cover letter and your salary expectations.
To learn more about us, please visit visual-eyes.ca
*We thank all those candidates who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $41,176.00-$50,113.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
While in office, all staff are required to wear masks outside of their immediate work area and we also have increased daily cleaning protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (preferred)
- regression testing: 1 year (preferred)