The Undergraduate Program Secretary (UPS) is responsible for providing course support to undergraduate faculty, administrative support to the undergraduate program and front desk reception for the academic unit.
High school diploma with some post-secondary education (e.g. some University or College courses)
One (1) year of experience in office administration and front desk reception in an academic School/Department. some experience supporting teaching/courses is an asset
- Dealing courteously and effectively with people.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail. working effectively and accurately under pressure of high volume and constant interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Working independently as well as working effectively in a team.
- Knowledge with on-line computerized records system (e.g. SIS, COS).
- Intermediate level word processing skills and spreadsheet skills (e.g. MS Word and MS Excel).
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.