- Contribute to a wide range of financial management activities by providing sound financial and forecasting analysis/advice
- Develop and prepare monthly reporting package on a consolidated and non-consolidated basis for review by management
- Manage the monthly financial forecasting process across the Business Units on a consolidated and non-consolidated basis. Prepare monthly forecast reports for management.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and manage budgeting and business planning processes.
- Apply continuous improvement efforts in design, development and operation of all financial systems (including SAP BW, Excel, etc) computerized models and ensure compliance with the business structure. Provide training on the financial reporting systems as needed.
- Provide support for the Chief Financial Officer, Tax Manager, senior management, business analysts, internal groups, external organizations as required. Provide background information and rationale to support recommendations, including ad-hoc reports as required.
- Responsible for various other reports such as banking covenants, quarterly banking package and Statistics Canada reporting.
- Responsible for all consolidation entries
- Coordinate annual audit requirements. Prepare audit statements and manage audit requirements.
- Assist CFO and CEO with special projects (e.g. acquisitions, divestitures, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, plus further concentrated studies in related areas
- Enrolled in a professional Canadian accounting designation (i.e. CPA) is required
- Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP/IFRS
- A period of at least 5 - 7 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with fixed assets
- International consolidation knowledge preferred
- Current Canadian income tax knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Microsoft Excel: Advanced experience, versions 2003 and 2007. Should be using these applications in current position on a regular basis
- Ability to apply advanced Excel skills and the ability to reconcile unbalanced sheets
- Good accounting knowledge with respect to accruals, invoice payments, depreciation and consolidation
- Keen attention to detail and ability to self-check work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team situation and assist staff to develop their own level of expertise in this area
- Methodical in working spreadsheets with the ability to draw out the underlying trends, and explain variances
- Self-starter who can manage work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of initiative to propose and implement new business ideas in area of expertise
- Must have excellent vcommunication skills
- SAP experience preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter on our website: www.kinectrics.com/careers (Req ID: 1001)
Kinectrics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)