Director of Food Services – Delhi Long Term Care (managed by peopleCare)
1 Year Contract
peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing Canadian owned and family-operated organization in senior living. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our vision to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff, and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
The Director of Food Service manages all aspects of food services within the facility to meet the nutritional needs of residents. This position ensures the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of meals to the residents within legislative requirements. The Director of Food Service will ensure the residents enjoy a pleasurable dining experience within the scope of dietary practice. Reports To: Executive Director/Administrator
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful completion of an accredited program as a Food Service Supervisor/Nutrition Manager.
- Holds current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management – CSNM.
- Proven experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing.
- Proven supervisory experience in a unionized long term care setting.
- Must be knowledgeable of nutritional needs of the residents in an LTC home.
- Must demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, preparation and presentation. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills and proven ability to supervise and secure the co-operation of the dietary employees.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with residents of an LTC home. Must be an effective team player who works well with others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Food Safety Code of Practice and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, CCHSA/ORCA, Ontario’s Long Term Care Home Program manual, and OH&S Act and regulations, and have knowledge of the inspection protocol process.
If you are interested in this temporary opportunity please, apply in writing with your resume and cover letter and send your application to Katelyn Currie (HR Specialist) at email@example.com .
Please ensure you clearly identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of the submission email.