Why work with just one of your favorite beverage companies when you can work with them all?
Since our first job, we’ve never looked back, and we’ve grown more than they ever thought possible - as have many of our clients. The one thing we’ve learned in this time is that, in this business, the only limit is your ambition. Big doesn’t have to mean ‘slow’. Small doesn’t have to mean ‘amateur’. Craft doesn’t have to mean ‘beer’. We’re passionate about pushing our clients to think beyond their current boundaries, because it means that we do too.
As a Shrink Sleeve Operator, you are responsible to work with the Shrink Sleeve team to start up, run, shutdown and maintain the machine. Every day comes with challenges and opportunities for success as production changes and develops, but it is also another chance to bring our best level of performance and quality for our customers.
A day in the life will have you:
- Assist Lead with start up procedures to prepare for production
- Prepare blank cans, labels, pallets and any other materials needed for production
- Run test cans to ensure specs are met
- Conduct quality control checks to ensure cans are consistently meeting specs
- Assist team in the completion of scheduled maintenance
- Support Warehouse team members in wrapping, banding and stacking as well as loading and removing pallets once completed
- Report mechanical issues to Lead or Production Manager for resolution
- Work with Shrink Sleeve team to submit production data (ie. can and label waste) accurately and legibly at the end of the shift
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of work space including tidying sleeving section, picking up labels and cans and removing garbage and recycling as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technically and mechanically inclined
- Detail oriented and inclined toward continuous improvement
- Able to effectively work through technical challenges with team members
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to carry up to 50lbs, stand for long periods of time as well as push and pull a loaded pallet jack
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or production environment would be considered an asset
- Forklift & first aid certifications would be considered an asset
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for their actions and accountabilities
- Expresses entrepreneurial soul and actively pursues opportunities for innovation
- Displays and advocates for honest, transparent communication
- Leads with courage and integrity, makes space for self and others to take chances
- Values collaboration and prioritizes building trusting relationships
- Work hard play hard, enthusiastic about achieving objectives and celebrating the wins
Why work with us?
- Competitive salaries, a stellar flexible extended health, dental, vision and Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Plenty of vacation time, personal days, paid parental leave period and a flexible working environment to support your work life balance
- Samples in the fridge from our awesome customers and reimbursement for your Beer Festival tickets – we love to support the craft industry!
- Grow and advance alongside our business – we have grown exponentially over the past few years and we want to support our team members in doing the same
- The chance to work with leading edge technology and a supportive team across Canada
- Our team members are the heart of what we do, we love to show them our appreciation and have fun together with regular activities. Bring some ideas along!
Who is Vessel Packaging Co.?
Vessel offers everything from mobile canning and design services to printed cans and pressure sensitive labelling to our customers We’ve grown into a one stop shop, which means we’re doing everything from prepping the canning line at dawn to running the labeling lines at dusk. We are owned and run completely independently by four friends, our founders. Since the beginning, they’ve been hands-on with every part of the business. There’s now a big team of us spread across the country that keeps the cogs turning and the beverages flowing. When you join Vessel, you’re part of a collaborative, fun-loving and dedicated team in an awesome industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour