JOB TITLE: Craft Beer Enthusiast (Tap Room)
JOB TYPE: Full time and Part Time Permanent
Centered in the heart of Muskoka, Muskoka Brewery is a caring and open-minded Ontario Craft Brewery that is recognized as a pioneer in the Ontario craft brewing industry and awarded as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016. Our grassroots culture is inspired by the natural wonder that is our backyard. We have resolve; work hard and are unwavering in our beliefs. The connection to each other and to this place that we share has made us strong and determined. We are passionate about our beer and we will make our mark. We are Muskoka Brewery!
Muskoka Brewery is looking for energetic team members with a positive attitude, the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible while maintaining a customer-oriented mindset to join our Tap Room team. You will be responsible for creating an authentic Muskoka experience for our guests, be versed in our beer and spirit line up, provide brewery tours, food preparation, assist with brewery operations when needed and perform opening and closing duties.
What this job looks like:
- Responsible for the overall Muskoka Brewery experience of all tap room guests
- Greeting and welcoming each guest and providing an exceptional experience that is both fun and educational
- Leading guided tours and tastings to both small and large groups
- Conducting structured tastings both at the tasting bar and to private groups
- Achieving daily sales targets
- Assembling and serving food orders as required
- Daily opening and closing procedures
- Assisting with tap room store displays and merchandising
- Rotating beer inventory and stock accordingly
- Daily cleaning and maintaining of the retail, event and outdoor spaces
- Actively participating in maintaining an immaculate and fun workspace
- Attending company meetings and training seminars as required
- Other duties as requested
- You care about the well being of our communities and excel in a team environment
- Experience with a POS system and proficient with handling cash/credit/debit card transactions
- Smart Serve required - Server, bartender or craft beer server experience an asset
- Food Handling Certification an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion of beer and spirits
- Exemplary work ethic and commitment
- Highly organized, self-motivated with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to speak in front of large groups required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office operating systems
- You are thirsty. You are not afraid to venture off the beaten bath and find new exciting ways of doing things.
- All candidates must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and special events
- Ability to lift 30lbs, stand for long periods of time and work in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about working hard and join us in being unwavering in our beliefs. The connection that we feel to this place that we share has made us strong and determined.
- Has the ability to display and live the Muskoka culture in all our events
- Ability to venture off the beaten path naturally. Not afraid to be creative or forge new ways of doing things
- Having fun: Energetic, motivated, enthusiastic and diligent. We are not just making great beer, we are also having fun.
- Authentic and Caring: Down-to-earth communication skills with a genuine presence.
- You easily and quickly become ‘a part of a team’, have a welcoming personality and are driven by wanting to contribute to our success and service the various brewery teams
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, thirsty to work in a fast paced and competitive market, knowledgeable about our brand and being a passionate active member of our team.
Muskoka Brewery is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Human Resources
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Required)
- English (Preferred)