Legacy Eye Care is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and reliable person with related eye care experience for a full-time Optician position with our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fitting and adjusting glasses
- Fitting contact lenses
- Checking in patients
- Pre-testing patients before their exam
- Getting benefits information from various insurances
- Eyewear Sales
- Recall efforts
- Optical training of new team members
- Other tasks and duties as needed.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Optician diploma in optical sciences preferred. (Optometric, Optical, Optician, Eyecare, Ophthalmic related experience an asset)
- At least one year of optical, retail, sales or relatable experience
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Good computer skills
- Familiarity with billing and insurance is an asset, however not required
Compensation is based on experience. At least two years of experience required. Licensed Optician preferred but we will consider all relevant experience.
We also have an incentive program for well qualified candidates. We are an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) based clinic so some experience with any EMR will be helpful with learning the system.
If you feel that you are perfect for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person, because we would love to meet you.