BETTER INGREDIENTS. BETTER PIZZA! At Papa John's the most important INGREDIENT is our people. You will be a valued team member right from the start! You'll be encouraged to contribute your ideas and share in common goals. You'll also be given opportunities to improve upon the skills you have while learning new ones. The Downstacker is responsible for safely producing high quality dough within PJ Food Service specifications, maintaining all equipment in a highly sanitized environment and ensuring all dough is handled properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Notify management if contact surfaces are not clean and sanitized.
- The successful candidate has great organizational skills and is good at working independantly
- Place dough balls into clean trays according to PJ Food Service standards, including quality assurance of dough, dough placement and trays.
- Insure all dough trays are properly dated, stack and down-stack proper number of trays and maintain rotation practices at proper cooling temperature(s).
- Maintain and document Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards on cleanliness and sanitation to ensure product is free of contamination or foreign material.
- Document and sign off on various processes in dough production (sanitation, rejection procedure, dough weight, etc.)
- Adhere to all prescribed safety practices, including wearing the proper safety equipment/uniform.
- Perform general housekeeping for the Quality Control Center as requested.
- Use cleaning chemicals and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure compliance with PJFS Safety standards, Sanitation and HACCP policies & procedures, federal, provincial and local regulations and all Papa John’s International, Inc., policies & procedures.
- Perform Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment for an extended period of time. Should be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a production or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Food handling certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands repetitively, stand for long periods of time, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and/or simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 20 Kg.
Essential functions are performed in a distribution/manufacturing environment and in accordance with PJ Food Service safety policies/guidelines. Exposure to extreme heat and cold. Exposure to high noise levels.
ADDRESS: 3600 B Laird Rd Unit#4 Mississauga L5L 6A7
- The schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday. The start time is 9:00 am and we would typically finish at 5:00 pm. Hours may vary from time to time to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Weekly paychecks
- Great benefits package
- Starting wage is $17.80/Hr.
- Perfect Attendance Bonus paid out quarterly
Expected start date: 2021-06-18
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $17.80 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Team members wear masks, separate breaks, touch points are sanitized twice a day,
- How many years of Warehouse or Food Service experience do you have?
- Do you live in Mississauga?