G Romano Inc. is a family-owned company that has been manufacturing upscale upholstered furniture and contemporary styles in Montreal since 1962. We are looking for someone with experience and/or interest in fabric cutting and pattern making in a production / factory environment. Furniture manufacturing experience would be considered an asset. This person will have a good sense of development, organization and management of work orders to ensure on time production of goods and quality of work.
PRODUCTION POSITION - FABRIC CUTTER / PATTERN MAKER
- Hands on Factory / Production Role
- Extended to interested persons willing to learn the art of fabric cutting for upholstered furniture
Detailed Responsibilities (training and support to be provided)
- Receive daily work orders and production labels from the Director of Production
- Prioritize workload according to delivery dates
- Print patterns from cutting software (Gerber experience an asset)
- Arrange fabric for production
- Cut fabric from digital patterns generated on cutting machine
- Sort production labels accordingly based on work orders
- Prepare and arrange cut pieces for Sewing department
- Develop prototype patterns for new products; Assist with designer's new concepts and help determine proper details and dimensions
- Consult with Production Director and General Manager on feasibility of new designs
- Enter data of new products/designs accurately into cutting software (Gerber)
- Ensure the maintenance of safety and health
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Advise accounts payable on equipment reparations and required supplies
- Reception of fabric deliveries
Education level: High School Diploma (DES) completed.
Experience required: Professional Experience, Upholstery, Fabric Cutter, Pattern Maker
Knowledge: Fabric Cutting and Pattern Making, for furniture an asset / On-the-job Training provided
Working hours 7:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday, 40 hours / week
Rate: according to experience, to discuss
Group Insurance (3 months waiting period)
Maintaining safety and health at work
G Romano Inc. closes for 2 weeks in July for the summer holidays and between the holiday season from December 24 to January 3 (approximate period).
If this opportunity interests you, please forward a copy of your CV with the title of the position in the subject. We encourage all persons with interest in fabric cutting and pattern making to apply. We appreciate all candidate applications, however only candidates selected with be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- upholstered furniture: 1 year (Preferred)