Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Patient Access Associate Level 1 is a member of the Patient Access team. Using guiding principles Patient Access Associate Level 1 will either admit or register patients across the organization in a timely and efficient manner, keeping in mind the principle of patient focused care.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent keyboarding skills 40 wpm
- Knowledge of outpatient clinics/procedures
- Demonstrates excellence in problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills in relation to knowledge of hospital operations
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize as required
- Demonstrated ability to multi task
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated problem assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills
- Proven proficiency in STAR & PHS systems
- Previous hospital or medical experience in a clerical role
- Grade 12 diploma
- Medical terminology Certificate
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Patient Access Associate Level 1 will be first contact for patients and will provide customer services for internal and external customers. The Patient Access Associate Level 1 works with the support of and in collaboration with all care providers.