Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generation technology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across Western Canada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers with solutions they can count on.
If you are driven and motivated to become part of a dynamic team, our Surrey - Rebuild Branch has an opening for a Manufacturing Generalist . Reporting to the SMRC Shop Manager, you will be responsible for participating in the engine rebuild process providing safe, productive and high quality work.
Additional responsibilities are described below:
- Participating in Cummins Safety Programs
- Disassembling engines, engine components and generator sets/power modules
- Clean, inspect, and requalify various used engine parts to Cummins specifications
- Inspect and Rebuild various engine components such as turbos, water pumps, lube pumps, cylinder heads, connecting rods, cylinder blocks and gear trains intercoolers and aftercoolers at dedicated workstations
- Review of electronic service manuals and assembly drawings to order parts or for technical information and direction
- Install engines into generator sets/power modules
- Support the Surrey Rebuild Center in various other technical tasks as required such as: painting, glass beading, parts washing, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of trades related experience
- Comfortable in an ISO 9001 Certified Shop following established disassembly, rebuild and reassembly procedures
- Good organization, detail oriented with the ability to follow standardized work instructions and processes
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to work unsupervised and be a strong team player
- Able to work well under pressure in a production environment
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding of customer expectations
- Commitment to promoting and supporting a safe workplace
This position will work Monday to Friday from 4:00 PM to Midnight. Please note that any future shift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the standing Collective Agreement.
We offer competitive wages, a bonus program, benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development and career advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
For more information, please visit www.salesandservice.cummins.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- rebuild related trades: 5 years (Required)