MyHealth Centre is certified as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our staff developed mission is, 'To deliver quality patient care through innovation, compassion, and integrity'. Guided by our mission and values, MyHealth Centre is committed to attract, retain and develop the best healthcare professionals who are passionate about patient care and working in an innovative environment. We want youto be the next member of our growing, compassion team!
Working together as part of a united team, MyHealth Centre is the largest independent health care facility in Ontario. We are a “one-stop shop” for physician referrals, providing diagnostic imaging, nuclear medicine, cardiology, PET/CT, gynecology, urology, neurology and pain management to patients throughout Ontario. We have over 35 clinics with more than 400 healthcare professionals working with us to provide superior healthcare to patients.
Our people play a vital role in creating an exciting future for our company and the healthcare industry overall. Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a company who recognizes high-quality patient care while working for one of Canada’s certified Great Place to Work!
We are looking for a Patient Care Representative at our clinics located in London.
Job Title: Patient Care Representative
Job Type: Part Time/ Full Time/ Permanent
Work hours: Day, Evening and Weekends on occasion
Responsible for reception and clerical duties. Inputs patient data. Books appointments and registers for patient’s procedures as needed. Receives, processes and directs patients following established procedure and documentation requirements. Assists patients as required to coordinate patient flow. Maintains accurate patient records and filing systems. Input patient data from affiliate clinics. Provide a professional attitude and a positive image for the department and facility by receiving, processing and directing professional and non-professional staff, patients and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet incoming patients, as per script.
- Obtain required patient identification, documentation and history following guidelines.
- Ensures patients have followed correct preparation for their exam.
- Ensure inquiries are answered or referred to appropriate person.
- Assist patients that require help in mobility.
- Works collaboratively with technical staff to ensure clinic rooms are stocked and tidy.
- As required: Ensure all documentation and requests are received by the ordering physician and billing party in a timely manner. Patient confidentiality is mandatory.
- Maintain accurate patient records and filing systems (in accordance with Company and Ministry of Health requirements).
- Transcribe diagnostic testing - cardiology & radiology as and when required.
Equipment Operations & Maintenance:
- Operate specific office equipment related to secretarial duties (i.e. computer, computerized telephone, photocopier and fax machine, etc.).
- Observe and report all malfunctions in office equipment.
- Follows manufacturer's guidelines for operation, maintenance and minor trouble-shooting.
- Maintains all required log books for routine equipment maintenance.
- Ensure patient reports are delivered, distributed, and faxed expediently, where applicable
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- All company and government regulations are to be followed.
- Routine cleaning of work area and equipment to be done as scheduled or needed.
- Assist technologist in preparing patient for diagnostic testing, including but not limited to changing, guiding, assisting in mobility, cleaning etc.
- Perform ECGs, blood pressure, take vitals, collect basic information from patients etc., if trained to do so
- Assist with work flow of the clinic
- Assist other staff members when workload is completed.
- Work alongside and assist physicians, as required, to ensure their practice runs smoothly and efficiently, including but not limited to, locating reports, scheduling appointments, coordinating schedules, etc.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the smooth, effective functioning of the entire department and facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational and other requirements:
- 1-2 years of medical receptionist experience.
- Graduate of a medical office program.
- Minimum typing skills of 35wpm.
- Good command of the English language, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professionalism and strong sense of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent telephone mannerisms.
- A strong ability to multi-task.
- Maintain competence in position by attending staff meetings.
- Evaluate own performance and establish personal objectives.
- CPR & First Aid Certification is encouraged.
Maintain and adjust to staffing rotation pattern as directed by manager or delegate.
Have a cheerful, positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with others as well as the ability to work independently.
MyHealth Centre offers an excellent remuneration package including; competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, training & development assistance, various corporate discounts and referral bonuses.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/myhealth-centre
MyHealth Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MyHealth Centre is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Medical Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- London, ON (Preferred)