Do you love making people smile? How would it feel to make a difference in someone's life?
Our home is looking to find a Resident Support Assistant that is passionate about caring for the aging population. The successful candidate will need to be a spontaneous, warm, loving person who can connect with people and change the moment. We are a 69 licensed bed family owned and operated long-term care home that takes great pride in providing the highest level of care to our nursing home residents, and we hope you'll want to join our team!
Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the direction of the Director of Care, and Registered Nursing Staff, the Resident Support Assistant will actively involve residents in everyday activities, which will include the following:
- Assist Residents in creating meaningful occupation & activities
- Assist Residents with meals, and refreshments throughout shift
- Assist with caring for the home, and the residents living within the home setting, the Resident Support Assistant will not provide any direct personal care
- Respect privacy, dignity and to promote confidentiality within a warm homely setting
- Document as required on Point Click Care
- Warm Heart
- Completion of Secondary School
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of a TB test, as per Public Health requirements.
- CPR preferred
5 hour shifts, days, evenings, weekends
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Preferred)