The Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in supporting Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness. This role will promote exemplary customer service and will support and promote a positive image, both internally and externally for the department and the organization. Using superior administrative, organizational and coordination skills, the Administrative Assistant will coordinate the daily administrative aspects of the Department, the Director of HR and the Manager of Human Resources and Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness, to ensure the department is operating in the most efficient and effective way. This position requires creativity, flexibility and the ability to prioritize work.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provides administrative support for the Director of HR and the Manager of Human Resources, Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness, including managing the calendars, Scheduling, coordinating, hosting and providing ongoing support for meetings, including room bookings and catering as required
- Ensuring the Director and/or Manager is prepared for meetings including gathering and researching material as required
- Providing Administrative Assistance to Occupational Health Nurses as needed
- Creating and maintaining databases / spreadsheets, statistics, monthly / quarterly / bi-annual / annual reports.
- Taking meeting minutes, attending various Committee meetings and duties as required. This is not limited to: tracking inspections, taking minutes, booking meetings, maintaining a highly organized schedule
- Conducting N95 Mask Fit Testing and maintaining hospital compliance
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Interest in Employee Wellness and Health and Safety considered an asset
- Bringing forward sensitive and relative issues to the Director and/or Manager
- Assisting the Director and Manager to provide support in monitoring ongoing projects for the department
- Assisting in tracking department budget expenditures
- Creating and maintaining office and document filing systems
- Ordering supplies and securing other support services as needed
- Assisting staff with projects and analytical support
Qualifications Required and Preferred
Post graduate degree / diploma in Human Resources, Occupational Health and or degree in a health-related field
- Extensive experience in an administrative assistant role, preferably in a health care setting
- Experience with Meditech and Parklane considered an asset
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Occupational Health and Wellness practices preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills and internet / intranet knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral / written communication skills
- Must have excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, time management, prioritization, analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated planning and coordinating abilities
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9; 905-430-4055 ext. 6712 or refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website. Upon request, individual accommodation can be provided to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job descriptions, and have been invited for an interview. For questions and concerns, please contact Human Resources at 905.430.4055 ext. 6191.
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ontario Shores is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. Ontario Shores is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.