All applicants must apply through our candidate portal: https://canr58.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/fcu/Posting/View/280
Join Our Team
Join First Credit Union on Texada as a Financial Service Representative to help our communities grow and thrive! First Credit Union is a learning organization with a mission to empower through knowledge. Through building relationships and analyzing member needs, the Financial Service Representative advises members on the appropriate products or services with the goal of improving member’s financial well-being and building financially healthy communities.
Provide service excellence and build member relationships by:
(a) Maintaining a high level of knowledge of First Credit Union products and services, including continual development to be aware of changes in the industry.
(b) Exhibiting a high commitment to member relationships by promoting the concept of relationship building; cross-selling First Credit Union products and services and referring members to other departments when appropriate.
(c) Analyzing member needs and building relationships through member onboarding. This includes supporting members to achieve their financial goals with the use of the Financial Blueprint.
(d) Responding to member requests and inquiries as well as handling member issues with minimal assistance.
(e) Proactively reaching out to follow up with current and new members to determine outstanding needs and provide advisory services.
(f) Actively be involved and participate in First Credit Union’s community and branch events.
Perform a variety of duties relating to the promotion, sale and administration of account, deposit and loan products and services offered by First Credit Union by:
(a) Providing advice, guidance and administration on cash services, account opening and operations, lending and investments.
(b) Promoting and processing card products, including credit and debit cards as well as all electronic services.
(c) Promoting and providing advice on deposit products and services, including registered and non-registered accounts with the ability to discuss investment options.
(d) Contributing to a positive team environment by working efficiently and professionally and in a friendly manner.
Minimum Skill and Knowledge Requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary school diploma.
- One to three years experience in the financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong organizational skills and time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, perform under pressure, and demonstrate a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility.
The following courses and experience would be considered an asset:
- Cash services, account opening, lending, and investment experience.
- Applicable financial industry courses and training.
- Successful completion of CUIC 185, 210, 240.
Why work for us?
- Take advantage of opportunities for career development including continuous training, education support and career planning.
- Embrace our commitment to employee wellness including a comprehensive employee and family assistance program.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package including a generous benefits program.
- Be part of a company that is dedicated to making meaningful community impact.
First Credit Union is a community owned financial institution. When your customers are your shareholders, it changes the way you run your business. We don’t ever have to choose between what’s best for our business, what’s best for our community, or what’s best for our members; they are one and the same. This is the cooperative advantage.
Reference ID: 73
Application deadline: 2020-08-12
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.21-$25.48 per hour
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
To keep our Financial Service Representatives as safe as possible, we've installed plastic barriers, limited hours open to members, restricted the number of members in branch at one time, and we've provided hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves.
- Financial Services: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)