Distribution Foreman – Day and Night Shifts
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 7,000 employees in Canada and the United States, and a revenue of C$2.0 billion in 2016. With our 3 business segments in Print, Media and Packaging we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. As the largest printer in Canada & one of the largest in North-America, you will join a team that is committed to helping everyone excel and reach their goals. The Print division has over 4,500 employees & 18 state-of-the-art print plants.
About the Position
- Oversees multiple job orders in respect to packing, finishing and distribution
- Checks the information on the docket/matrix spreadsheet to determine what materials, including wraps are needed for a job and the status of materials i.e. have all materials arrived at the Distribution Centre; checks if information is clear and complete
- Follows-up with production staff (Coordinators, Press, Die cutting) regarding the status of materials and clarity of information on the docket/matrix spreadsheet
- Coordinates internal and external shipping with shipping supervisors; organizes labels
- Determines job readiness by assessing a number of factors including the status of materials, priority of jobs and readiness for shipping
- Determines which line can complete the job most efficiently
- Provides direction to the Line Leader
- In conjunction with the Line Leader ensures there are enough staff to complete the job within the designated timeframe
- Assists the Line Leader with the job set-up ensuring all materials are available, the line is set up in the most efficient way and the working area is clean and safe
- Checks the first kit/finishing for accuracy and monitors the line every hour
- Refers to FileMaker to obtain the hours allocated for the job and ensures that the setup allows for the job to be completed in the allotted time.
- Confirms with designers regarding the correct finishing of displays
- Ensures the job is ready for shipping checking skids to see that job quantity appears correct and labeling is correct
- Ensures the Line Leader cleans up and prepares for the next job
- Follows-up with shipping to ensure job is on location
- Forwards all packing slips and job hours to Supervisor
- Provides performance feedback to the Line Leaders and Line workers; provides feedback to the Distribution Manager for the annual performance review
- Provides input regarding the setting of process, procedures and standards for the Distribution department
- No secondary school requirements
What you offer:
- Good leadership and communication skills with an emphasis on giving direction providing feedback and motivation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple jobs and cope in a fast paced, deadline orientated environment
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to handle detailed work
- Must have forklift operating license or the ability to obtain the license
- A minimum of 3 year’s of leadership experience working in a Distribution department
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
All visitors and employees are required to wear face masks, social distance and have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)