Toronto West Academy is a Science and Technology online school that is based in downtown Toronto, with a new location opening in Niagara Falls. We are looking for an experienced teacher to deliver online ESL/English classes to elementary school students with our partner schools around the world. These classes will typically be held during the morning or evening (EST) and our teachers can choose the class schedules that work best for them. The ideal candidate will be able to make online learning a fun and rewarding experience for our elementary school students, by utilizing a creative curriculum that promotes student interest and engagement and leverages the best practices for online learning with this age group.
Flexible Location - Work from any place with a computer and a reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
Flexible Schedule - Our teachers can choose the number of hours they want to work.
- Bachelor of Education degree with a major in English is required;
- Ontario College of Teacher (OCT) certification is required;
- TESOL Certification required;
- ESL teaching experience preferred;
- Two years teaching experience preferred;
- Previous online teaching experience is an asset;
- A high-quality multimedia capable (audio & video) desktop or laptop computer;
- A reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Ontario College of Teachers (Required)
- English (Required)