On Call/Bank of Replacements:
CERTIFIED MAINTENANCE WORKER
Nature of the work:
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing maintenance, repair and renovation work falling under several building trades.
The employee in this class of employment ordinarily carries out his or her activities in places where it would be neither practical nor necessary to continuously call upon qualified workmen. He or she performs general maintenance work such as repairing or renovating buildings, sanitary installations and simple mechanical installations. He or she may also carry out the preventive maintenance of equipment.
On occasion, he or she may be required to coordinate the work of less experienced or non-specialized workmen.
If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a pertinent building specialty for the class of employment or hold a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have eight (8) years of pertinent experience.
Hold an equivalent valid qualification certificate for the class of employment issued by a recognized body and have four (4) years of pertinent experience. In the case where the qualification certificate requires less than four (4) apprenticeship periods, he or she must also have one (1) year of pertinent experience to compensate for each missing period.
$23.87 per hour
**Hours are dependent on needs
Nature of the work
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in being responsible for carrying out the maintenance work as well as the preventive and physical upkeep of an educational institution or building, and being responsible for a total area equal to or greater than 9 275 m2.
The role also consists in organizing and carrying out such work as well as organizing, coordinating and overseeing the work carried out by members of a team for whom he or she is responsible.
In addition, he or she performs the characteristic functions of the class of employment of maintenance workman, class II.
- The employee in this class of employment acts as team leader. In this respect and according to the schedule established with his or her superior, he or she organizes, coordinates and oversees all maintenance work as well as the preventive and physical upkeep carried out by the members of a team. He or she gives his or her opinion and reports on the quality of the work.
- He or she must ensure the cleanliness of the premises. In this respect, he or she organizes and carries out maintenance work by performing, along with the members of a team, maintenance workman class II duties; he or she ensures that maintenance apparatus and equipment are kept in good condition.
- He or she must ensure that the building and its equipment are in good condition. He or she ensures the inspection and verification of the lighting, heating and ventilation systems; he or she ensures the operation of heating equipment which does not require the presence of a stationary engineer. He or she carries out or ensures that the required preventive upkeep is carried out; he or she carries out or ensures that minor or temporary repairs are carried out; he or she reports any breakdown detected and ensures that the necessary repairs are carried out; he or she follows up the work of specialized or non-specialized workmen. He or she repairs doors, windows and furniture; he or she ensures the assembly and installation of material.
- He or she takes all the necessary measures to ensure adequate security against fire and theft. In certain specific cases and, as required, he or she ensures the monitoring of the comings and goings of visitors, students and staff. If need be, he or she ensures the preparation of rooms and halls.
- In keeping with the procedure established, he or she orders or purchases materials, products and equipment required for maintenance work carried out by the team; he or she keeps an inventory; he or she ensures that the standards respecting the safe use, storage and disposal of products are respected.
- He or she makes suggestions and recommendations concerning products, materials, equipment and work methods.
- He or she coordinates, supervises and oversees the work of other non-specialized employees.
- He or she may be required to use a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- Have three (3) years of pertinent experience.
- Have a general knowledge of the operation of the heating, ventilation, lighting and alarm systems that a caretaker oversees.
- Have a basic knowledge of the main building trades.
**Hours are dependent on needs
Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The Western Québec School Board applies an Equal Access Program and encourages Women, Aboriginal peoples, members of Visible and Ethnic minorities and persons with Handicap to apply.