Reporting to the Manager, Affordable Housing, is responsible for providing project management activities including the planning and development approval process for new affordable rental housing projects in York Region; applying expert knowledge of land use planning, real estate development and housing legislation; providing insight and analysis on project direction, management and implementation; communicating project milestones and updates; analyzing policy implications, construction matters, and budget management and monitoring the progress of new affordable housing development.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in urban planning or related discipline.
- Membership or able to successfully obtain membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (C.I.P. or Professional Equivalent within six months of hire.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the planning field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of real estate development.
- Thorough knowledge of the Planning Act, planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and applicable legislation.
- Thorough knowledge of land development, construction basics, and financial proformas.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 19, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$47.11 to $51.19 per hour
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)