Coanda Research & Development Corporation is a rapidly growing Engineering company specializing in solving the most complex industrial problems. Our expertise is the application of fundamental scientific principles to tackle complex problems. Our scientific, logical approach to industrial and engineering challenges often leads to fundamental, lasting solutions for clients and a rewarding place to work for our employees.
An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby, BC facility for a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Scientist with a strong background in experimental work, dimensional analysis and project management. The successful candidate will engage in advanced research and development projects over a wide range of industrial sectors and technologies. The key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic management and technical direction of research projects
- Analysis of complex problems through physical modelling programs and/or CFD
- Project Management
- Supervision and mentoring of Engineering and professional staff
- Report writing and review
- Proposal development and project planning
- Building and management of client relationships
- New technology development
Required skills and experience:
- Very strong fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of fluid dynamics, heat, mass, and momentum transport, thermodynamics, and chemical reaction engineering.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects, with a focus on technical deliverables, planning and communications.
- Ability to work to deadlines, in a resource-constrained environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate data from findings and results in parallel fields and apply these to the problem under study.
- Planning and setup of complex experimental programs to support analysis of industrial systems
- Project Management with a strong emphasis on planning and communications
- Preparation of reports, papers, proposals and/or grant applications, at a level that considers the end reader.
- Presentation of results and data to industry experts, clients and internal stakeholders
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- Demonstrated successes in industrial problem solving
- Data analysis
- Mixing processes
- Multi-phase flows
- Separation technologies
- Sprays and jets
- Gas/solids fluidization
- Heavy oil upgrading
- Tailings management
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Instrumentation development
- 5-10 years of industrial Engineering and/or research-based experience
- PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated excellence in project management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Eligibility for Professional Engineer status in BC
Benefits available to our employees:
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Dental, vision and extended health coverage
- Travel coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off for sick days and medical reasons
- In-house, online and in-class training sessions and seminars
- Subsidies for professional accreditation
- Annual development plans
- Various social events for employee and their families
Please apply with the an updated copy of your resume. We thank all applicants however only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)