Alexanian's was started by Aris Alexanian in Hamilton, Ontario in 1925. After working as a teacher for orphaned Armenian children in Georgetown Ontario, he used his connections in the carpet business to open his first store on King Street specializing in imported handknotted oriental rugs from around the world. Eventually Aris did his own carpet buying and travelled the Middle East and India extensively. Still proudly a family business today (94 years later), the company has grown significantly over many decades.
With now over 19 stores across Ontario and growing, Alexanian's is currently hiring Sales Associates to join our team at our Alexanian Barrie location (56 Barrie View Drive, Barrie, On). This position is carries an opportunity for exceptional pay (salary and commission) and a fast paced work environment. We strive on excellent customer satisfaction and expertise on carpet, flooring, and window coverings. We are looking for hard working, sales driven, motivated individuals with excellent customer service and communication skills.
Industry knowledge and experience is considered an strong asset. A working vehicle is a requirement.
The successful Sales Associate will be able to:
- Close sales and ensure profitability for the store and adhere to store budget.
- Maintain company margins, gross margin dollars and targets week to week.
- Participate in local networking meetings and other community initiatives.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Maintain store presentation and overall store cleanliness in accordance with company expectations .
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all products and keep up-to-date on all product categories in store Display versatility and responsibility for general store activities, thus ensuring maximum customer satisfaction
- Manage sales and optimize each step of sales process ensuring all customers receive highest degree of sophistication and enjoyable service possible and foster development of loyal shoppers
- Schedule in store and in home customer appointments and site inspections and pull merchandise for them in advance of appointments
- Guarantee post-sale service (including, without limitation, follow-up on orders taken) with same spirit demonstrated during sale, following company standards in maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty in order to promote the brand image
- Handle and rectify complaints, with support of a manager, if necessary
- Encourage customers to post reviews on Google and Home Stars during the customer follow up process
- Staying in touch with their customer base throughout the year via e-mails about new products, birthdays, holidays cards, etc., along with periodic calls to check in
- Attend product and sales training seminars off site
- Flexibility in schedule and working hours as weekends and evenings will be often required
- Previous home flooring experience would be an asset
- Sales driven and motivated to achieve goals
- Foster customer relationships for repeat business and develop a self-sustaining network of customers
- The ideal candidate for this role will be genuine, intelligent, outgoing, friendly, organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appearance will be well groomed and professional
- Willing and active networker in the community
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year + the opportunity for more within the commission structure of the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Commission Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Flooring Industry: 2 years (Preferred)