Reporting to the Executive Director and working with the Program Manager, the Volunteer Coordinator will oversee all volunteer resources to assist in the daily delivery of programs and services offered at Hope Haven Therapeutic Riding Centre. This role includes direct and daily coordination of all volunteer activities including recruitment, orientation, all program scheduling of volunteers, daily volunteer oversight, training, guidance and support, and regular maintenance of the volunteer database.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedule volunteers on a weekly basis according to schedule and program needs.
- Plan and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program/services with the Program Manager.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of volunteer programs and services with the Executive Director and the Program Manager and implement improvements as necessary.
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer programs and services,and reflect the overall values of the organization.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills.
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful.
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed, and volunteer hours are recorded and maintained.
- Administer and monitor expenditures for the volunteer program against the approved budget.
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition activities.
- Assist with development of seasonal newsletters, social media posts and website updates as related to volunteer activities.
- Prepare an annual report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the organization.
- Evaluate the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks associated with the program or service in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Coordinate and run quarterly training sessions with new volunteers (more often when necessary).
- Must have a professional, confident and friendly demeanor - feeling comfortable to be on the front lines and hands on assist with our programs alongside our volunteers.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-4 years experience in office administration, management or human resources.
- Experience in managing a volunteer program in a similar environment and/or not for profit organization considered an asset.
- Experience working with children and adults with physical, cognitive or emotional challenges is considered an asset
- Experience with horses considered an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computers from word processing programs, database management, internet/email usage.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships (internally and externally) and positively influences others to help achieve results/goals for the organization.
- Takes initiative and will develop new and efficient ways to improve volunteer operations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- human resources: 2 years (Preferred)