Cashiers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Greet customers
- Establish or identify price of goods, services or admission and tabulate total payment required using electronic or other cash register, optical price scanner or other equipment
- Weigh produce and bulk foods
- Receive and process payments by cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Provide information to customers
- Calculate foreign currency exchange
- Calculate total payments received at end of work shift and reconcile with total sales
- Verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol or tobacco products
- May accept hotel reservations and check in customers
- May also stock shelves and clean areas of the store
- Some secondary school education is usually required. High school diploma may be required.
- Be willing to work weekends and flexible hours.
- Work as a team member with coworkers.
Position is permanent, full-time, 40hrs/week
including Room & Board
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers are required to wear a mask.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)