Fresenius Medical Care is the world's largest integrated provider of dialysis products and services. As a vertically integrated company, we provide a complete solution for patients with chronic kidney failure and their caregivers, from research and development to manufacturing our dialysis products to providing complete therapy options within our own clinics. Fresenius Medical Care provides dialysis services in over 120 countries, including over 3,400 dialysis clinics and 40 production sites worldwide.
In Canada, Fresenius Medical Care has been caring for patients undergoing dialysis for over twenty-five years. We understand the impact that chronic kidney failure has on people's lives and we are committed to providing outstanding patient care that goes beyond innovative dialysis products and therapies. We care about each patient’s individual situation, whether they want to perform dialysis in their familiar surroundings at home, undergo dialysis at the hospital, or receive dialysis in one of our clinics. Our vision is to be the undisputed leader and trusted partner in renal therapies in Canada, and this vision is reflected in our key values: collaborative, proactive, reliable, and excellent.
Fresenius Medical Care Canada is currently recruiting for a full-time, Systems Support Specialist, based in Richmond Hill, ON. This is a contract position for 1 year. The position reports directly to the Systems Administrator – IT Manager, and entails the following:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCC’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Provide support and services related to corporate systems, applications, servers, and laptops/desktops with emphasis on internal PC support. This will involve assignments that range from routine daily tasks to projects that require extensive research and implementation capabilities. Employee will receive instructions that are either general in nature or detailed based on the requirements of the task. Employee will be required to use their existing knowledge or acquire the necessary knowledge to handle assigned tasks or situations that appear during their course of employment.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCC culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Advanced troubleshooting of computer systems and Network equipment
- Answers various user inquiries, concerns and issues and ensures they are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Performs software updates and assists with the implementation of new organization software and hardware to align with the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities including upgrades and running scheduled maintenance.
- Responsible for on and off boarding corporate users
- Project execution that will range from simple research and implementation to the complex handling of project schedules, management, and task execution. Projects may entail software, hardware, or a combination of the two
- Provides coverage for IT Team on an as needed basis
- Works with team to develop standard work practices, compliance, and good teamwork.
- Assist the IT Manager - Systems Admin with software updates and implementation of organization software and hardware to align with the needs of the organization
- Anticipate end user IT capacity needs to ensure that performance, availability and reliability are not compromised.
o Documentation for all related work tasks.
o Sourcing of Laptop and Desktop systems used internally
- Uphold and Enforce Organizations Policies and Procedures which may include Change controls, IT/Corporate SOP's, etc.
- Determine and Evaluate network security through risk assessment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires physically moving and connecting computers, monitors, printers and any other computer related equipment. Computers and related equipment will be unpacked and re-packaged for shipment between FMCC offices. Regular use of the telephone and email to answer and respond to help desk queries.
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Information Technology, or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Three or more years of experience with IT support.
- Experience with Windows 7, 10 - 2012/2012 R2, 2016, 2019.
- Knowledge of Windows Domain and Active Directory.
- Solid understanding of networking principles and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to handle hardware related issues
- Must have the capability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to end users, management, and customers as required.
- Must have strong collaboration skills with internal and external department employees and lead by example in the handling of assigned or assumed tasks.
- Experience troubleshooting Mobile Devices(iOS) and MDM technologies
- Experience with ERP and/or CRM systems an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in French is an asset.
- May be required to work after hours and weekends as required to complete operational or project tasks.
- Travel may be required in handling remote facility tasks.
Internal Contacts: This position will involve direct contact with employees at every level of the organization, both locally and at remote offices. This position is directly responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service.
External Contacts: This position will contact various hardware and software vendors to assist with supporting and maintaining FMCC computer equipment.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Thank you for your interest in Fresenius Medical Care Canada. We encourage all qualified candidates to submit their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- IT support: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)