CWD is a place for people that love to learn and grow. Our culture is challenging and collaborative. We give a deep sense of purpose to create amazing solutions that are truly different and empower our customers. Our goal is always to build strong, diverse teams of innovative people and give them the tools to succeed.
Join us and do more than you ever thought possible and learn from some of the best minds in the industry.
If you’re ready for opportunity, introduce yourself.
Title: Vice President, E-Commerce & Marketing
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Based in Niagara Falls and reporting to the Managing Director, the Vice President, E-Commerce and Marketing is a new role created to define, integrate and grow CWD’s presence through a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy for Levana (mylevana.com; freedom to do more and worry less) and Defender (defender-usa.com; aims to satisfy the needs of both business and home owners who want their assets, loved ones, and properties protected) products. This role will build, lead and drive the E-Commerce strategy which will have a significant impact on growing the overall business. The Vice President will solve key business challenges and lead a broad range of digital initiatives and solutions to support CWD’s strategic objectives.
The Vice President, E-Commerce & Marketing will have a strong E-Commerce and Marketing background along with experience of transitioning existing E-Commerce and CRM platforms into a robust and industry leading platform. This role will lead a team of eight people from digital marketing, marketing communications, E-Commerce, design, customer support and sales functions. The Vice President, E-Commerce and Marketing will work collaboratively with the Managing Director and the management team.
If you are a marketing professional with deep E-Commerce experience and expertise in building and expanding a consumer business, this is a phenomenal opportunity to have a significant impact to achieve high-growth for our client’s fast-paced and best-in-class organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategize, plan, manage and continuously improve robust cross-media marketing programs which include a combination of direct marketing, digital advertising, social media marketing and content marketing for Levana and Defender products
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of internal marketing resources that uses data and analytics to drive aggressive growth of the direct to consumer channel
- Develop entire E-Commerce budget including annual budgets around advertising spend, return on ad spend, new buyer and repeat buyers’ targets, and other appropriate metrics
- Leverage analytics to understand user behavior across all digital channels to help improve site engagement and increase conversion of key metrics
- Stay updated and current on digital marketing trends and tactics in an ever-changing marketplace
- Communicate with all internal stakeholders on relevant marketing activities
- Leading the marketing communications team responsible for content generation, building the brand story for all promotional and product launch strategies
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel, promotional campaigns as well as the overall merchandising of the company
- Design refresh campaigns for the corporate site and store using site analytics to drive decision-making
- Oversee website content generation in telling the story and maximize return through testing, site optimization, and improving online customer experience
- Maximize sales and promotional opportunities through online marketplaces
- Ensure that all relevant products are uploaded to the proper websites in a timely manner
- Create and communicate each brands vision and high-level design strategy across multiple mediums
- Ensure consistency and quality in all design work created prior to final approval
- Identify areas for development on team efficiency through policy or skillset
- Transform and transition the company’s CRM into an industry-leading and a robust CRM platform
- Oversee an in-house and an outsourced customer support team
- Analyze customer feedback and plough the information back into product enhancements and new product launches
- Create and execute strategies and business plans specific to meeting and exceeding sales objectives for our retail accounts (B2B) and direct sales via our brand websites (B2C). Such instore and online accounts include but are not limited to Best Buy, Home Depot, Costco, Walmart Amazon Target and buybuyBABY
- Responsible for sales forecasting and demand planning along with revenue generation of targeted accounts
- Foster strong relationships with key accounts in order to successfully position the portfolio
- Manage communications, sales promotion development and training as required to stimulate and facilitate the sale of Levana and Defender
- Provide ongoing account service, including project management, fulfilment requests, and general client communications
- Lead product training with accounts as required
- Manage the marketing, design and sales team to achieve and/or exceed their assigned goals and objectives utilizing sound management tools and practices to inspire and empower them to grow the business
- Participate in trade shows and meet with accounts throughout the USA and Canada
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate requires:
- Minimum of 8-years’ experience leading marketing in a consumer business with a strong focus on E-Commerce and digital marketing in a B2C environment
- Progressive leadership experience in creating digital lead generation campaigns, which includes Google PPC, paid social, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), as well as, understanding how to optimize campaigns to meet effective KPIs
- Experience in deploying campaigns, such as writing ads and developing keyword lists on Google
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing (SEO, SEM, social, e-mail, partnerships, content, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of digital advertising, online strategy and technology
- Significant experience in successfully segmenting, attracting and converting prospective consumers using digital path-to-purchase tools and methods
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans including gap analysis, roadmap planning, solution option analysis, cost benefit analysis and business case development
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring a team as well as building and driving cross-functional decision-making
- A history of success in entrepreneurial, nimble environments
- Ability to plan and execute long-term strategy around driving supporting awareness, engagement, experience, and monetization
- Mastery of consulting skills including analytical thinking, problem solving, project management and delivery
- Strong track record of achieving business objectives—excellent execution and project management skills
- Ability to travel to USA and other partner locations
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate
We exist to empower people. To do that, we create innovative consumer electronics that are smart, simple and stylish. From baby safety devices to home theatre systems we push ourselves to deliver ground-breaking products that improve lives. Our success is measured in customer satisfaction above profits and because of that we have been in business for almost 60 years and our creations can be found in most major retailers. Together in teams, as a company, as a community, we are committed to Creating What’s Different.
CWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time