Reporting to Board of Directors, the Program Director is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership and management of the Royal Inland and Hillside Physician Association (RIHPA). The position works collaboratively with physicians, Interior Health, and other health care partners to enhance physician engagement, improve the working environment for facility-based physicians and ultimately improve the quality of care for patients and their families.
1. Participates with the Board of Directors in developing the strategic vision, mission and plan to guide RIHPA.
2. Develops and executes on a strategic execution and operational plan to deliver on RIHPA’s strategic goals and objectives.
3. Supports the development and implementation of the required governance and operational structure, policies, processes and programs that support RIHPA’s strategic goals and aligns with the Facility Engagement Initiative.
4. Develops effective engagement processes and lines of communication amongst the medical staff.
5. Provides human resources leadership to staff and contractors by leading, managing, and coaching on a frequent basis.
6. Provides oversight on all financial management and administration for RIHPA. Ensures RIHPA meets their funding criteria.
7. Reports and communicates to the Board of Directors and keeps the Board informed on all strategic, operational and financial matters of RIHPA.
8. Facilitates the administration of contracts and agreements with local structures and resources.
9. Liaises with RIHPA’s Facility Engagement Liaison on matters related to the operations, projects and programs of the Society.
10. Develops and implements operational policies, procedures and processes for organizational effectiveness and legislated requirements.
11. Builds and maintains positive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to physicians, Interior Health Authority, provincial representatives, and other health care partners.
12. Provides oversight and leadership for projects undertaken on behalf of RIHPA.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
A Master’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field, plus a minimum of 5 – 8 years recent, related experience, including leadership of people. Experience in healthcare an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional relationship and leadership skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience in executing strategic plans, fiscal and financial management, business operations, and leadership of people
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of health care and ability to navigate and understand the interconnected relationships within the health care environment
- Knowledge of current issues, policies, practices, challenges and opportunities for facility-based physicians
- Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and takes a collaborative approach
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Ability to influence others and provide evidence-based support
- Ability to manage ambiguity, be flexible and support change
- Exceptional organizational skills; resolves problems effectively and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of corporate governance
- Possesses solid knowledge and understanding of all legislated and regulatory requirements
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Healthcare or business administration and leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19