Online English Teacher
Eligible Candidate: School teacher
Student Level: K-12 / International School students
Teaching English Online with WEReaders!
Looking for a rewarding work-from-home job that offers flexible working hours at the most competitive rates?
Join us today to bring real reading classes for students across Asia! We offer support and use the materials you use in your school!
- Fixed rate: $23-$35/hour, based on experience(US dollars)
- Professional online teaching training
- Flexible schedule: you are required to teach at least 6 hours every week, you are welcomed to teach as much time as you want
Qualification & Requirement
- Required certificate: National or state or provincial teaching certificates
- e.g. Diploma from a recognized Ontario Community College (Ontario Applicants)
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum teaching experience: 3 years
- Notice: We do not consider TEFL, TESOL or other language teaching certificates as the required national or provincial teaching certificate. It would be great to have those certificates but candidates who only have those certificates will be rejected.
- Bachelor’s degree or above is a MUST
- Preferred teachers with reading teaching experience
- Enthusiastic and professional in tutoring
- Highly preferred teachers with experiences in teaching ESL students
- Retired teachers are welcomed, please note in the CV
What do you do?
- Make teaching plans for each assigned students
- Teach 25min 1-on-1 classes or 1-on-3 classes (younger kids)
- Teach 55min 1-on-1 classes or 1-on-3 classes (older kids)
- Teach literature reading (RAZ-PLUS) based on student assessments’ result
- Able to conduct reading assessments (RAZ-PLUS experience prefer)
- Create a friendly atmosphere for students to learn reading in the virtual learning experience.
- Meet talented kids across Asia to see the different cultures and experienced in teaching ESL students
What device do you need for this job?
- A computer with a webcam
- A headset with microphone
- Stable Internet connection (cable connection preferred)
What do you need for the application?
- Resume and CV
- Video of self-introduction (1-2min)
- Introduce yourself, where you live, educational background, and experience teaching or working with kids.
- Copy of Teacher certification
- Reference letter (optional)
- Available time schedule
- Please specify the teaching experience in literature/reading teaching.
Notice: We do not consider TEFL, TESOL or other language teaching certificates as the required national or provincial teaching certificate. It would be great to have those certificates but candidates who only have those certificates will be rejected.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Provincial teaching certificate (Required)