Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for directing the Human Resources organization at the facility. The HR Manager is responsible for working with the Site Manager or the Area Director of Operations to create strategies, policies and programs that achieve the following for the facility:
Major tasks include:
- Effective Employee Relations strategies that foster a safe, positive, productive and engaging work environment.
- Leading training initiatives to maximize site and employee performance.
- Ensure site compliance with Corporate/Division Policy and all applicable external laws and regulations.
- Provide growth and opportunity for all employees.
- Align performance and structure to Division and Regional objectives.
- Ensure functional excellence of the Human Resources staff.
- Successful completion of continuous improvement / lean projects that drive process and standardization enhancements.
- Lead and drive Company, Division and Region initiatives and programs.
- Recruit and select qualified exempt and non-exempt personnel. Conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screening to determine applicant employability. Ensure compliance with federal and provincial legislation as well as manage job-posting system.
- Develop and conduct new hire orientation programs in conjunction with HRSS plus maintain accurate GEMS (Oracle HRIS system) data entry and the integrity of the personnel files including medical files.
- Interact with all employees to develop positive attitudes and employee engagement within the plant. Resolve conflicts when they arise. Implement programs and policies in benefits, safety, security and other HR areas. The HR Manager will also review employee discipline, attendance and the company substance abuse programs.
- Manage plant salary review program in compliance with salary budget and compensation policy, initiate compensation surveys and studies as required to determine appropriate pay rates, analyze data to facilitate equitable pay and classifications, maintain progression rates (if applicable) and general increases and maintain and update job descriptions when required.
- Develop and implement Division, Corporate and local plant policy and procedures, including documentation of employee acknowledgements.
- Manage employee worker's compensation program and coordinate cases with Corporate Worker's Compensation and carrier. The HR Manager also will coordinate medical care with MD and supervisor to expedite the employee's return to work and evaluate the employee's condition relative to work assignment and tasks.
- Implement employee development and training programs.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools: HR Balanced Scorecard, Document Management, Employee Relations System, Six Sigma, Transactional Lean and other metrics to drive HR improvement for the site.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of annual Employee Opinion Survey and employee engagement initiatives,
including but not limited to action plans and engagement activities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must have a four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 4 years of work experience.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access)
- At least 3 years of previous experience in Human Resources or a related field
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
- Experience in a multi-shift 24/7 operation is preferred
- HRPA Designation preferred
- Willingness to relocate if considered for future promotional opportunities is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.