Term: 6 months
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the IT Security Awareness & Training Coordinator creates, implements and maintains the corporation’s Information Security Awareness Program. The position is an active participant in the Enterprise IT Security risk reduction efforts, educating all employees, staff and contractors of security threats they face in their jobs, and providing training on how to defend against them. This position develops and executes global and targeted security awareness campaigns, and measures the effectiveness of the campaigns to ensure the security awareness program is effectively changing behaviors so as to reduce/minimize IT security risk exposures.
The successful applicant will:
- Plan, organize, manage and evaluate training and awareness program activities;
- Continually monitor and identify the top human risks and the behaviors that need to change to mitigate these risks;
- Ensure that the program is effectively changing behaviors so staff act in a secure manner, thus reducing IT security risks;
- Identify if any roles require additional or more specialized training, and ensure those roles receive it;
- Create a positive program that engages employees and contractors, to include focusing on changing behaviors both at home and at work, using interactive and innovative audio and video learning experiences;
- Leverage opportunities to expand employee knowledge through remedial training, campaigns, education activities and events;
- Structure and maintain the program to be long term, changing behaviors and creating a culture of security across the company;
- Lead the creation and procurement of awareness deliverables and learning content, leveraging various channels for effective delivery in and measuring the usage of the content and its effectiveness;
- Create a metrics framework that measure effectiveness of the program and continually re-evaluate quality and effectiveness of training, testing, and exercises;
- Manage relationships with security education and awareness related vendors;
- Provide ongoing status of training and exercise metrics, compliance efforts, as well as planned events and activities to the CISO;
- Author security tips for by selecting relevant topics, developing content, and publishing;
- Ensures the program is in alignment with applicable policies;
- Diploma, Degree and/or Certification in Communications and/or Training, and IT Security related work experience; or
- University Degree in Computer Science / Computer Technology or a related field; with 4 years of IT Security related experience; or
- College Diploma in Computer Science / Computer Technology or a related field; with 6 years of IT Security related experience;
- Preference will be given to those who have identified experience with use of modeling tools and cloud technology exposure;
- Project Management certification is considered an asset.
- This is an on-site role. Remote delivery is not an option.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada and reside within Canada.
**Final candidates will be required to undergo a comprehensive background check, including security screening and verification of credentials.**
Job Type: Contract
- IT Security: 4 years (Required)