AMS Automated Manufacturing Systems is focused on introducing the next generation of automation in manufacturing & assembly. Our innovative core competencies lie on Automation Assembly in the Automotive Industry, using various Assembly, Welding, & Laser Technologies. We are looking for talented, dedicated and self-motivated individuals to assist with the growth and expansion of AMS.
The Technical Sales Representative will perform applications engineering activities in support of proposal, sales, and booking objectives, using skills and techniques to proactively seek out and successfully close new equipment orders. The incumbent will represent the company for outside customer relations, supplier relations, and public activities. The Technical Sales Rep will lead new order entry and participate in new business, product and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities,
· Receive and review customer specifications for technical and commercial requirements for new equipment projects; develop and align proposals for AMS products and services in order to successfully secure new and repeat business opportunities.
· Perform technical review of customer / project specifications and identify requirements outside of our standard scope / design to ensure the product / proposal package is designed to meet agreed upon specifications.
· Perform cost estimates for equipment and services offered in order to achieve well developed and competitive proposal selling prices in line with sales and margin objectives.
· Prepare and present formal product and services quotations to the customer that includes technical data and concepts, pricing summaries, and commercial summaries in accordance with the project specifications.
· Review and enter new equipment quote proposals and orders into ERP system in a timely manner in order to support booking and sales forecasting pipelines.
· Ensure that orders are consistent with quotes and reviewed for accuracy.
· Prepare all required documents / data for order handover meetings with the execution team (program manager/department leaders) in accordance with AMS procedures.
· Maintain proposal and sales records, schedules, and assist in achieving long and short-term financial goals.
· Use standard AMS equipment/product package design concept which will be offered to the customer including all the due engineering, project execution and delivery.
· Pursue and lead technical and commercial proposal / design concept communications and meetings with the customer in order to steer preference and acceptance of AMS’s proposed solutions; seek out voice of the customer feedback in order to better refine or modify the proposal / design concept offerings.
· Provide technical assistance, information, support, and guidance to customers and sales representatives to develop effective relationships with customers to increase future sales opportunities.
· Facilitate technical and commercial negotiations with customers in order to achieve successful order closure in line with company goals and objectives.
· Represent the Company in a professional and responsible manner
· Bachelor’s degree(preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years in technical sales or applications engineering environment for AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
· Good understanding of turnkey company product and equipment packages for automotive assembly manufacturing lines
· Knowledge of basic fabricating and assembly practices / processes for robotic industrial applications.
· Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software packages, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
· Experience working with CRM and/or ERP and other technology tools
· Ability to perform & understand engineering calculations
· Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and bills of material
· Familiarity with various industry standards: i.e. CSA, UL, ANSI, ASME and similar.
· Ability to perform engineering and sales tasks and make technical and commercial decisions with minimal supervision.
· Self-starter with a competitive desire and motivation to successfully complete tasks and win orders in line with established goals and standards.
· Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills; excellent presentation skills.
· Able to develop and implement sales plans and strategies to secure new business and order opportunities and grow existing business
· Limited travel is required during the course of normal annual responsibilities. Typically, between 10% and 15% annually.
· Mainly domestic (US and Canada) travelling will be necessary as part of normal sales and technical support activities.
· Occasional domestic travel may be required for short term internal meetings or training.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Technical sales in Automotive Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)