Professional Excavators & Construction Inc., an Employee Owned company, currently has an immediate opening for an experienced Earthworks Foreman/Operator.
The Earthworks Foreman is responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of their crew for mass excavation, detailed excavation material hauling operations on assigned projects. The Foreman will provide leadership and ensure the safety and productivity of their crews and equipment. They are responsible for ensuring that all employees do their job skillfully and efficiently, and that assigned work progresses on schedule. This position requires proficient excavator operating skills.
- 5+ years related experience in the construction industry
- 3+ years of experience in a Foreman position
- Proficient in all aspects of earthwork; mass excavation, detailed excavation, material management.
- Promote a safe work culture and ensure all crew members maintain safe working conditions - Leads by example
- Environmentally conscious and respectful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor crew members
- Effective advance planning and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet all company/customer safety requirements and applicable policies
- Maintain company image and site cleanliness
- Strong organizing skills with the ability to meet project deadlines and production targets
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Proficient and proven ability to operate excavator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma
- Holds as a minimum ACSA training: First Aid, RSTS, Leadership for Safety Excellence, Ground Disturbance
- Additional training can be provided
- Pass mandatory Drug and Medical Screening
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5)
- Competitive wage
- A seasonal position with consistent work – weather based
- Comprehensive benefits through Merit and the Hour Bank Plan
- Opportunity for ownership in company
- Matching Group RSP after 1 year
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Alberta Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)