Why work for Lafarge?
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
As a Customer Care & Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for the primary day-to-day duties in planning, entering, and scheduling of ready-mix concrete orders to job sites while adhering to all Lafarge safety policies and
procedures. You will be the first point of contact for customers based in our Central Surrey logistics center.
The work environment is fast paced and requires the ability to juggle ever changing priorities and customer needs. Both a strong team-centric attitude and exceptional customer service phone etiquette are a must to be successful in this role.
As a Customer Care & Logistics Coordinator, you will:
- Adhere to all Lafarge safety policies and procedures.
- Manage customer calls, providing support based on inquiries and updating appropriate details on orders.
- Review orders to make sure they are accurate and identify/flag if they contain any special conditions.
- Inform customers of all relevant company policies including confirming orders, additional products, and driver responsibilities as well as any warnings and limitations.
- Provide support and knowledge for drivers; directions, site details and project information.
- Assist customer inquiries in regards to truck locations, approximate ETAs, order availability, additional products, pricing/quotes, special requests, load limit/vehicle weight, etc.
- Proactively contact customers with notice when orders are not operating as scheduled.
- Communicate any necessary information with the Logistics Manager, Shippers, Operations, Quality Control, and/or Sales Team.
- Coordinate driver and QA/QC issues pertaining to active orders; communicating with appropriate parties as required.
- Document any and all issues regarding orders.
- Provide sales and billing coordinator information pertinent to billing accuracy.
- Investigate and develop solutions to problems as they arise - safety, driver schedule, rejected loads, etc.
- Complete miscellaneous filing, administrative work, issue investigations, and ticket queries as needed.
- Open availability – working different shifts and may require long hours based on business needs.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in the construction industry and/or logistical experience is an asset.
- Experience in a fast-paced call centre with multiple demands and metrics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Commitment to a Safety Culture
- Strong interpersonal phone/email communication (incl. friendly and courteous attitude, ability to communicate clearly and explain issues to customers when required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Effective negotiation, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to perform several tasks at once
- Ability to work well under pressure with rapidly changing customer priorities
- Competency with all Microsoft Office and general native PC programs
- Knowledge of local market geography and addresses
- Proficient typing and data entering skills
- Open to a flexible working schedule (i.e. Saturdays are possible on a rotation basis) with reliable attendance
- Be a team player and work well with others in high-pressure situations.
- Familiarity with construction and construction sites in general, concrete products in general, and industry terms and slang are desired
- Reliable transportation (our office location is not ideally suited for public transit)
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
See more opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations