Magikid, a well-known innovative educational brand for mobile apps, focuses on building online learning platforms that connect the world. There are over 20 high- quality educational apps under this brand, with over 30 million global online users. The company has set up 12 robotics lab under the brand “Magikid Robotics Lab”, spanning from California and Michigan in the US to several first-tier cities in China.
Magikid Lab is committed to create a S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) learning environment for young children in a fun and exciting way. Our STEAM programs are designed to develop imagination, encourage creativity and teach robotics coding, and problem solving skills in an accessible manner. We inspire kids to challenge themselves and grow everyday at Magikid Lab.
The ability to develop unique technology and digital content has enabled Magikid to foster international relationships with leaders in technology and education, such as Wonder Workshop, VEX, Robotis, Cubit, etc. Magikid Robotics Lab has built close relationship with schools and educational organizations such as Carpenter Community Charter, Basis of Independent Fremont(BIF) and Leffingwell Elementary School, etc. We are also a Localization Partner of Khan Academy. We localized and re-created their Math content and official website for China’s educational market. Most recently we an official sponsor for LAUSD’s STEAM Fest 2019.
Our new Magikid Lab of Richmond location is looking for enthusiastic Robotics Project Instructors and Interns to teach students from the ages 5-14.
The position is ideal for someone looking for a flexible working hours. Our instructors work 10 hours per week during the school term and up to 30 hours per week during school holidays. Availability required between 3:00pm-7:00pm during weekdays, and may required working on Saturday and attend evening event until 8:00pm. The position is also an ideal for University students headed for a career in Education or Technology.
We offer training on instructing students, mastering new high tech tools, and learning about tech trends and other high- end robotics education resources. If you are passionate about working with children and technology please apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Instructing children in classes
- Assisting with marketing events
- Helping with daily operations of the lab
- You have to love working with kids!
- A passion for Technology and Education!
- Enthusiastic and fun personality
- Ability to work well in high-energy environments
- Prior experience and a passion for working with a group of children aged 5-14
- Excellent punctuality, organization skills, and work ethic
- Classroom management skills
- Be able to pass BC criminal record check
- Prior experience in programming, robotics, outreach, or at an after-school program a plus
- Prior experience in working at a technology company or start up a plus
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)