THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF INGERSOLL Invites applications for the position of Public Works Labourer
An innovative, progressive and growing community, the Town of Ingersoll is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Public Works labourer. Located in Oxford County in Southwestern Ontario, Ingersoll offers urban living with small town values yet enjoys easy access to larger cities. Surrounded by farms and nature, Ingersoll is home to a diversity of thriving industries and commercial businesses and is host to many special events, great cultural facilities, superb athletic and recreational amenities and excellent schools. For more information on the Town, please visit our website at: www.ingersoll.ca.
This is a permanent full-time position with CUPE Local 107.
The Public Works labourer will join the Town’s Engineering Department. Reporting to the Public Works Manager, the labourer will be responsible for:
- Performing winter maintenance activities and operating snow removal equipment;
- Performing bridge, road and sidewalk maintenance and repair duties;
- Collecting debris and litter;
- Cleaning catch basins; and
- Grass cutting and tree trimming.
- Experience operating snow removal and other road maintenance-related equipment.
- Experience performing job-related tasks and the ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- The physical capability to perform all essential job duties including lifting/carrying 0-25 kg, standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting.
- DZ license in good standing.
- CSA-approved steel-toed boots.
- A clear police record check and driver’s abstract.
- The ability to work safely and effectively at all times.
- Demonstrated commitment to operating safely and efficiently at all times and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and Town of Ingersoll policies and procedures.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification, or willingness to obtain.
We offer a competitive salary range: $25.47 per hour (2019 probationary rate), plus benefits and pension.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, qualified candidates are invited to submit their application, in confidence, to the attention of Monique Donmoyer, by May 31st, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 2V5
The Town of Ingersoll is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to
applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- Extended health care
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.47 /hour
- Ingersoll, ON (Preferred)