Hudson College is a growing K-12 school in Toronto. It is a warm, inclusive school community where students are both challenged academically and individually nurtured.
Hudson College is now seeking a Communications Officer for its Upper School division.
This person is responsible for organizing, producing, and delivering communications content over a variety of channels and mediums for both the internal and external audiences. This includes maximizing the use of social media channels to showcase the uniqueness and dynamic of the Upper School learning environment, as well as producing publications of newsletters and articles to communicate the school’s activities and programs with the Upper School parents.
This person is a story-teller at heart and passionate about identifying and sourcing opportunities to share stories and school life with a variety of audiences. This person is also good at producing storytelling videos and images as a key method for the communication outreach. This person is a natural-born interviewer with faculty and students for the purpose of producing communications content.
Alumni Communications is also an important part of this position. This includes cultivating strong relationships with Hudson alumni, finding and sharing interesting alumni stories and news with audiences, organizing alumni reunions, encouraging active alumni engagement in the support of school activities and programs.
The successful candidate should also have:
- A university degree (preferred) or a 3-year college diploma in communications/media
- Proven experience working with social media platforms and tools, including knowledge of social media analytics
- A thorough understanding of different types of media
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Ability to work alone and the ability to work within a team to deliver communications content in the broader organizational context
Please submit a work portfolio with your application.
Hudson College’s educational setting:
- Small, co-ed classes
- Diverse student population
- A stimulating teaching environment that encourages creativity and self-direction
- A balanced and enriched curriculum with a skills-based approach to curriculum planning
- Extensive professional development opportunities and excellent resources
Hudson College thanks, in advance, all applicants for their interest, and will contact candidates who are selected for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- communications & social media: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19